ATi Control Panel?

champ2005

| xs |
My friend borrowed me his 9700 Pro for a while (he blew up his computer or something) so i put it in place of my fx5600. I installed the latest stable drivers (Catalyst 4.7) w/ Control Panel centre thingy. What is the control panel thing anyway? is it all the extra tabs in the display > advanced box (where the nvidia options are). Because if it is I must say it is pretty disappointing compared to the layout and usability of the Nvidia drivers. There are not as many options and the help for options like "Use alternate DVI mode" doesnt tell you anything about what its doing.

Please point me in the right direction if i missed something - obviously im a bit of an ATi n00b :)

Yes, it's the extra tabs. Without it, you would have just the basic ones like adapter, troubleshooting, monitor, etc.

Yeah, thats why the real Cataysts 4.9 (out in Sept) will be copying the NVIDIA layout, adding a cool feature of their own tho - Real time AA/AF/IQ prevewing in the CP... hopefully NVIDIA will copy that themselves!!

Full story and a screenshot is on the frontpage.

Are ATI still going with the idea of adding 'memory' overclocking to the overdrive tab? I read some time ago they were going to put both core & memory in there.

'ATI tool' does a similar thing but having it covered by warranty would be better. :)

I would say with the XT, if they ain't done it yet with em, they ain't gonna.
4.9 might prove otherwise tho.

Seems 4.8's were released today but as stated they lack the new control panel that 4.9 will have. ;)

the overclocking thing I doubt will come with an ati card anytime soon..

overdrive only comes with the cards that have thermal monitoring built-in... and that was with the 9600/9800xt's and the new cards... and any custom thinger that AIB's may wanna come out with...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back