ATI CATALYST driver help...?

M

Mecham

Hi Guys,

I hope somebody can help me with what I would say is a simple question about ATI CATALYST drivers, My old card is starting to lag really bad and I can feel the strain and the heat which is emitting from the card which is increasing the load heat of the system, OK my machine now is 3 or maybe four years old, but she still runs like a dream and Vista runs smooth as a baby’s..? I have leaned to wait to by hardware and go at the right time to clinch a bargain, so a cheap alternative which I think was the right move was to get an ATI X1650 Pro GDDR3 256MB card for the time being until I do a full upgrade later on this year. The problem I have at the moment, is whenever, I set the settings in the Catalyst Control Centre, they keep reverting back to default, i.e. everything is set to low or disabled, any idea why this is happening or is this problem with the Beta drivers from ATI. Or does the Catalyst Control Centre detect the card, and then calibrates the control centre to the card installed.

Thanks,
Appreciate any help

Hi Guys,

I hope somebody can help me with what I would say is a simple question about ATI CATALYST drivers, My old card is starting to lag really bad and I can feel the strain and the heat which is emitting from the card which is increasing the load heat of the system, OK my machine now is 3 or maybe four years old, but she still runs like a dream and Vista runs smooth as a baby’s..? I have leaned to wait to by hardware and go at the right time to clinch a bargain, so a cheap alternative which I think was the right move was to get an ATI X1650 Pro GDDR3 256MB card for the time being until I do a full upgrade later on this year. The problem I have at the moment, is whenever, I set the settings in the Catalyst Control Centre, they keep reverting back to default, i.e. everything is set to low or disabled, any idea why this is happening or is this problem with the Beta drivers from ATI. Or does the Catalyst Control Centre detect the card, and then calibrates the control centre to the card installed.

Thanks,
Appreciate any help
Sorry to sound ungratful, but 26 people viewed the topic and not one of you have said anything, Just forget I even asked in the first place, dissapointed in the lack of communication. :(

I don't know about w/ Vista, but w/ XP I don't use the CCC. I only upgrade the drivers, and use ATI Tray Tools to modify the driver settings. I don't know if there's a Vista version yet. Bear in mind you are using beta drivers on a brand new OS. Also, I think you'll find that if anyone who took the time to read this thread and had an answer, they would help. Chances are there's someone searching for an answer for you, and therefore not taking the time to post until they have info for you. This board is great for help and posters here have saved my ass on more than a few occasions. just be patient,

I don't know about w/ Vista, but w/ XP I don't use the CCC. I only upgrade the drivers, and use ATI Tray Tools to modify the driver settings. I don't know if there's a Vista version yet. Bear in mind you are using beta drivers on a brand new OS. Also, I think you'll find that if anyone who took the time to read this thread and had an answer, they would help. Chances are there's someone searching for an answer for you, and therefore not taking the time to post until they have info for you. This board is great for help and posters here have saved my ass on more than a few occasions. just be patient,

It's ok folks it's just me, sorry for any inconvenience caused, I'm a little uptight at the moment because I have a lot of things on my mind, therefore, if I sound a little hacked off with people I don't actually mean it. :cry:

Now that your talking to us again... :p

An embarrassing question but I'll ask anyway. Are you sure you are clicking the APPLY button at the bottom of the screen after changing settings?

The control center should not change your settings back unless you have accidentally hit the Restore or Default buttons.

As mentioned above it could just be Beta driver quirks but I would have expected one of the many Vista testers to have mentioned that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back