ATI and DirectX 10

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Hey, when is ATI releasing a video card that supports DirectX 10?

-thanks

Last I heard -- March or April.

That's freaky. I just did a search on ATI or AMD DirectX 10 and couldn't find any articles more recent than July 2006. Early 2007 is the quoted date but that is pretty much past. Next lie would be 1rst Qtr 2007 Followed by H1 2007.

One interesting comment was a recent quote from an AMD head of marketing saying he "didn't expect much demand for DX10 cards until mid 2007". They are letting Nvidia own the market for 6-8 months. A bad move.

So hasn't anyone heard anything new on ATI/AMD?

I'm approaching upgrade time and I want to see some competition!

The high end nVidia's don't even have usable drivers for Vista yet, so I don't think they are letting nVidia own the market.

The high end nVidia's don't even have usable drivers for Vista yet, so I don't think they are letting nVidia own the market.

Thats not true they do have drivers out now and are working in many cases rather well

Have you tried them ? Do you own a 8800 card ? Are you running Vista?

Oh sorry thought you were speaking first hand...

alright - thanks for the info guy... i think im going to wait for ati to make a move before i upgrade my system this year

thanks

The ATI R600 details are scarce, but I definately looking forward to seeing what ATI can produce.

Why are people getting uptight about the lenght? Doesn't anyone remeber full length MCA bus cards in their ibm ps/2's and 486's?

I would have to buy a new case if I ever wanted to upgrade to the 8800GTX or the R600. The 8800GTS will fit though.

That's the only reason I thought it was nuts.

Its a shame we don't have a three way war with 3dfx still in the market though

intel will be joining in soon. whether they will be competeing in 3d space or just producing discreet versions of their integrated graphics is yet to be made clear to me.

Last reports from the Intel camp seems to be rumours they may extend the x86 ISA architecture to incorporate those graphics, in a similar manner to what AMD is proposing.

yesterday i saw an update on the r600 launch date--- apparenty it's not gonna happen till (at least) may

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back