ATI All in Wonder 9700 Pro - sound problems (can someone Help?)

Shade2074

OSNN Addict
I just recieved my new computer today, Basically this is my problem, when I watch TV on the computer through the ATI All In Wonder 9700 pro, and I pause the TV, I will get one of two errors:

1)The video will pause and the autio will keep going, then when i unpause the video will continue where it left off but the autio will still be going as if i had never paused. then when i play back, there is no sound in the recorded file.

2) or the second problem I get (after messing with the windows autio settings) i will get an echo, then when i hit pause the sound will sound like normal but continue (just like in example one). thwn when i unpause i will hear both the current sound, and the recorded sound. When I play the file back it sounds normal.

I have the video card i stated above and i am using the creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 platnum. I followed the instructions and i have pluged the sound out from the video card to the line in on the sounds card. I feel like this should be a simple fix, but the answer is aluding me. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you for your time, and sorry if it sounds a bit confusing, i explained the problem as best i could.

is your sound card next to your 9700 AIW? if so please move it down. also make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI with the control panel, and all updated apps. sometimes the ones of the CD have bugs that are fixed by later updates.

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
is your sound card next to your 9700 AIW? if so please move it down. also make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI with the control panel, and all updated apps. sometimes the ones of the CD have bugs that are fixed by later updates.

I think he means move it to a different pci slot :)

creative cards are known to cause a few problems with systems in terms of hardware :)

There is one slot open between the two, I'll try to downlaod the latest software and see if that works. It's late now thoush so I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully there will be something up that fixes this.
thank you for the replys. night for now :)

k... basically what is being suggested is possible IRQ quirks between your sound and video card...

one way to address this is to move your sound card to another pci slot.. perhaps switch it with another device... ie switch the modem and sound cards... or something like that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back