Ati 9700 problem

S

supershaun

Just bought a Ati 9700 of a friend saw it working in his machine fine. Got it to mine instaled it and when Xp is loading up it locks up and doesnt do nething. Ive cleared all the ati drivers that i had on my machine before hand and still nothing. Ne ideas or do i go and get my £150 back? All help greatfully recived. (Sazar you seem to be the autority on these things)

well if ure running xp changing the hardware might just be the problem in itself as that deactivates windows

Nah it shouldnt be a problem i wouldnt of thought as ive had quite a few diffrent Cards in there and none with this problem.

Originally posted by supershaun
Just bought a Ati 9700 of a friend saw it working in his machine fine. Got it to mine instaled it and when Xp is loading up it locks up and doesnt do nething. Ive cleared all the ati drivers that i had on my machine before hand and still nothing. Ne ideas or do i go and get my £150 back? All help greatfully recived. (Sazar you seem to be the autority on these things)

well if it was working fine in his machine than it should work fine on your machine too :)

I would have to ask whether or not you have connected the card to a floppy power connector (stupid question but had to be asked) and also the power supply unit you are using..

the ati recommended specs are 300w... though if you have a GOOD power supply which will sustain good current it will run @ 200 or so easily... the card itself only uses around 50 odd watts of power... but the recommendation is so the system runs smooth all around :)

majin is partially right but hardware changes do not turn off windows... rather in the case of winxp... your profile is based on your hardware configuration :) that changes with upgrades naturally but that should NOT be why your card fails to boot...

please respond to the 1st 2 q's... and we'll go from there...

any additional info you can provide will help :)

cheers...

Yeah i have attached the needed power supply to the card and im using a 350watt supply. When i put in my 8500le it has no problems what so ever. Ive brought it into work and its happening on our test benches as well so i think unless someone comes up with a miracle i think i'll be taking it back.:(

Originally posted by supershaun
Yeah i have attached the needed power supply to the card and im using a 350watt supply. When i put in my 8500le it has no problems what so ever. Ive brought it into work and its happening on our test benches as well so i think unless someone comes up with a miracle i think i'll be taking it back.:(

could be a defective card as well :)

you had said it worked fine on another machine so I was discounting that... but if the same prob occurs elsewhere than perhaps it was damaged or was defective to start with... rma it and go from there or get another video card :)

also check out www.rage3d.com for tech support concerning radeons... be prepared for flaming from some not so kind people... but on the whole some educated people there... else try www.beyond3d.com forums for techsupport...

Rather than gettin' the flaming i think i'll just get my money back of my mate that sold me a dodgy card. Never mind thought £150 was to good to be true :(

Thanx for the help Sazar & Majin.

You have to remember that windows XP is very Video Card dependant, try re-installing windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back