ATI 9600XT freezing problem

jimi_81

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
Hi guys

Ever since I updated to windows xp sp2, my ati 9600xt card has been freezing up on me whenever i play games like...call of duty, true crime, codename vietnam, etc...

ive been looking all over google to see if anyone else is having this problem. sure enough, there are.

i formatted and reinstalled everything because i suspected maybe directX was messed... same thing, 5 minutes in, freeze. randomly freezing.

i gave up on the ati catalyst drivers, and then isntalled the omega set.
Now the freezing is gone. i just cleared 3 boards on call of duty, and no crashing.

the omega setup is nice, however i get the feeling im loading drivers that wont use the card to whatever potential it has...... a little disappointed... as far as ati's site, there is no mention of the problem, i submitted a problem report to their driver team....i hope this gets corrected. i think its the opengl driver, or the fastwrite option...omega gave me a set of recommendations for max. compatibility.

i just wanted to see if anyone in here has the same problem, and maybe found an alternative different then i did.

thanks

specs - 3.2ghz P4, P4C800-DX, 1 GB ddr3200 ram, ati retail 9600xt

What version of ATI's driver were you using? Have you tried the new Control Centre 4.8 or 4.9 driver?

What version of Omega get it working?

the omega drivers should operate as well as the ati drivers wrt functionality...

I don't think you need to worry about that :)

as long as the product itself is working fine thats what counts :cool:

i had the newest driver/control panel.. 4.9.
games run perfect now.

im on the omega 4.8s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back