• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ATI 9600XT freezing problem

jimi_81

Political User
Hi guys

Ever since I updated to windows xp sp2, my ati 9600xt card has been freezing up on me whenever i play games like...call of duty, true crime, codename vietnam, etc...

ive been looking all over google to see if anyone else is having this problem. sure enough, there are.

i formatted and reinstalled everything because i suspected maybe directX was messed... same thing, 5 minutes in, freeze. randomly freezing.

i gave up on the ati catalyst drivers, and then isntalled the omega set.
Now the freezing is gone. i just cleared 3 boards on call of duty, and no crashing.

the omega setup is nice, however i get the feeling im loading drivers that wont use the card to whatever potential it has...... a little disappointed... as far as ati's site, there is no mention of the problem, i submitted a problem report to their driver team....i hope this gets corrected. i think its the opengl driver, or the fastwrite option...omega gave me a set of recommendations for max. compatibility.

i just wanted to see if anyone in here has the same problem, and maybe found an alternative different then i did.

thanks

specs - 3.2ghz P4, P4C800-DX, 1 GB ddr3200 ram, ati retail 9600xt

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
What version of ATI's driver were you using? Have you tried the new Control Centre 4.8 or 4.9 driver?

What version of Omega get it working?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
the omega drivers should operate as well as the ati drivers wrt functionality...

I don't think you need to worry about that :)

as long as the product itself is working fine thats what counts :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar