Ati 9500

Originally posted by canadian_divx
sazar are u out there???????????

yes ?

ati places the 9500 pro v/s the gf4 ti 4200 but it actively competes v.s the 4600/4800 series (one and the same thing)

plus it has full DirectX 9 support, and superior image quality when compared to the GeForce 4s

Originally posted by Sazar
yes ?

ati places the 9500 pro v/s the gf4 ti 4200 but it actively competes v.s the 4600/4800 series (one and the same thing)

I always thought that the 4800 was a Ti4200 with 8X AGP....

well u learn something new every day huh =P

Originally posted by mbunny
I always thought that the 4800 was a Ti4200 with 8X AGP....

well u learn something new every day huh =P

ti 4200 == ti 4200 agp8x except for agp 8x support and higher clock speeds for the agp 8x board

ti 4600 == ti 4800 both are identical other than agp 8x support
ti 4400 == ti 4800se both are identical other than agp 8x support

the 4800 cards have the same clocks as their respective non agp 8x counterparts...

would the 9500 be a better card than the nvidia one?? they are the same price and it is an asus 4800se for the nvidia one

would the 9500 be a better card than the nvidia one?? they are the same price and it is an asus 4800se for the nvidia one

4800SE == a 4400...

the 9500pro is a better card :)

in terms of raw performance the 4600 and 9500pro are similar...

but with AA and AF turned on the 9500pro starts trotting away...

I was waiting for someone to say something as clear as that... I'm definitely getting the 9500pro - just gotta wait for my refund from my car insurance for doing the pass-plus :)

pretty much all the benches i'm looking at put the 9500pro and ti4200-8x neck-and-neck. only when you turn AA or AF up does the 9500pro come out ahead.

and for 50% more money? eh... i'm still happy with my 4200, thanks. :) i'll leave AA off and simply leave my resolution at the high end.

Originally posted by taurus
and for 50% more money? eh... i'm still happy with my 4200, thanks. :) i'll leave AA off and simply leave my resolution at the high end.

cheapest I've seen a ti4200 is about £120 (inc vat)
cheapest I've seen a 9500pro is £136 (inc vat)

perhaps not 50%, but still more - although I think its worth it tbh :)

of course you could always Get a Lone and build an UBER system like mine :)

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
of course you could always Get a Lone and build an UBER system like mine :)

took me a while, but I figured out u meant loan (thought u meant get alone - which made no sense)

but id sooner a pc that doesnt need 4 case fans thx (i.e. an intel :))

and I bet you use that machine just to email, post here and chat too lol :p

LOL, nah i took 1 of the case fans out but my comp still sounds like ballistic missile.

still cant beat my performance, 17450 3d marks :) 8590 in 2003.

Originally posted by jonifen
cheapest I've seen a ti4200 is about £120 (inc vat)
cheapest I've seen a 9500pro is £136 (inc vat)

perhaps not 50%, but still more - although I think its worth it tbh :)
hmm... must be different availability in your part of the country. cuz a 4200-8x goes for about $115 here and a 9500pro... about $170.

they are about 10$ difference from where i am ordering them from
i'm curious... can you show me the site?

just curious. does the "se" tag on the nvidias mean "slower edition"? because all of the "se" cards are slower than their non-se counterparts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back