AthlonXP 2100+

M

mavis

ok this post isn't about a problem, but about my experience with Windows XP Pro and the hardware I'm using...

I unlocked my AthlonXP the other day, and I've been fooling around with multipliers and FSB, trying to find the "perfect" overclock. I managed to get it to AthlonXP 2100+ rating (at that speed, SiSoft Pro gave me a performance rating of 2.312GHz ) - the best part is, I did all of this with air cooling! My load temp (running Prime 95) was 48C! Not too bad, I think...

So, without further ado, here are the specs. I am posting this configuration just to let you guys know that (at least for me) this hardware is working out really well under WinXP, even stressed)...

Antec File Server Case SX-1030 300W PS
Sunon 80mm case fans x 4
Antec "Cyclone Blower" PCI slot exhaust

Athlon XP 1800+ (@2100+ 12.5 x 139)
Dynatron 1206BM-0 solid copper heatsink, Delta 60mm fan
MS-6380Pro (VIA K7T266)
512MB PC2100 DDR CAS2
Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO (@200.3MHz)
SBLive X-Gamer 5.1
SMC 1011TX NIC
Maxtor 30GB ATA100 7200RPM
Maxtor 10GB ATA100 7200RPM
Toshiba SD-R1002 DVD/CD-R
Acer 50x CD-ROM

Windows XP Professional (retail) :)
SiSoft Sandra Professional

OK so I'm running this configuration stably, my idle temps range from 40C-42C (depends on ambient) and my max load temp is 48C - this, with air cooling! The only problem I'm running into is my kinda wimpy Antec PS - my 5v line drops to about 4.87v at this speed, under full load - so I guess I have to volt mod my motherboard, using that mosfet trick...

Anyway there you go - the system will be complete when I get my Radeon 8500 on Tuesday, but in the meantime it's not too bad... Windows XP rocks! Stable as hell, and the hardware seems to be holding up well too... :)

mavis

Do you need a Radiation proof suit to use your PC ...hahaha :D

2.3Ghz is unreal , i bet it takes no time to rip a CD

I have never Overclocked but it looks like i will be soon..... what motherboard have you got ?

holy crap!!!! sweet overclock mavis!!!!!

wow...2.3 ghz...

thanks guys :) I'm finally proud of system! lol

I have never Overclocked but it looks like i will be soon..... what motherboard have you got ?
I am using the base model MS-6380 Pro , the one without RAID and all that other cool stuff... I am using AMI BIOS version 1.7, I also tried 1.6 and 1.6a but none of them display my speed correctly, they jusy post in MHz, rounded up to the next hundred... lol - but, it's stable - if I reduce my multiplier to 11.5 (default), I can push my FSB to 145 stably, although I never actually tried more than that... :) Probably could go higher, I saw in one forum this dude has his up to 166 or something ridiculous like that...

If you do decide to oc though, spend $39 and get the Dynatron 1206BM-0 hsf (has a Delta 60mm) - that thing rocks! Here is a review(this review is the only reason I bought it)

edit: oh yeah I forgot -
2.3Ghz is unreal , i bet it takes no time to rip a CD
Well I haven't actually tried that yet, but notepad runs well, and Civilization II is ok...

mavis

Very Nice...

You should go post this over at hardforum.com...

-jay

Originally posted by mavis
ok this post isn't about a problem, but about my experience with Windows XP Pro and the hardware I'm using...

I unlocked my AthlonXP the other day, and I've been fooling around with multipliers and FSB, trying to find the "perfect" overclock. I managed to get it to AthlonXP 2100+ rating (at that speed, SiSoft...

...mavis

I had no idea Ripping was CPU extensive until I read this post and tried it lasr night... I ripped at 25.6max... Never did that until the new CPU...

I died during burning though and have'nt gotten back up yet...

hmmm... who am I logged in as?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back