Athlonxp 1800

Adrenalize

Tired Zombie
I wonder if my cpu is bottlenecking my system i have an all in wonder 9700 pro? im thinking about buying a 2500 barton and matching my 512 pc2700 with another stick to alleviate this. any suggestions?

Depends on what you mean by bottleneck. What are your framerates or 3Dmarks like? I think there are a few other threads about 9700 pro's with crappy 3D marks, take a look around for some of those. Otherwise, you're 1750mhz is pretty much a 2100+ I couldn't imagine that slowing you down too much. The only reason to upgrade might be to a 333 bus to match the ram.

if you're trying to be thrifty, stay with your current processor. games are incredibly video card dependent right now, anyways. with all their fancy shader gadgets and whatnot.

but if you only have 1x512mb stick of memory, i'd consider getting another. games have been taking advantage of over 512mb of memory for a while so 1gb is a good amount right now to last you a while. you'd get better framerates with the dual-ddr, too. try to get a stick as close in likeness to yours as possible (brand, speed, model).

i have the setup you want, and it was great until my accident. i say your processor is fine, unless like arson_nick said, you want to match your fsb with your ram.

512 is great, 1024 is awesome.

Originally posted by dubstar
i have the setup you want, and it was great until my accident. i say your processor is fine, unless like arson_nick said, you want to match your fsb with your ram.

512 is great, 1024 is awesome.

Accident, what accident?

skazzy

Originally posted by SkazzyUK
Accident, what accident?

skazzy

installed the ram backward, fried to ram, friend the ram module. now im RMAing both speratly to try and not draw attention to the fact that if they matched it up, they would see i installed it backward.

ram goes first, then if they replace it, motherboard goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back