Athlon XPs processors Shut down on reboot

• Thread starter RogerPhillis
  • Start date
R

RogerPhillis

Any one using Chaintech mobos come across Athlon XPs ( 2200 /2400 etc ) that shut down on reboot.?

Works normally with earlier Athlon 1333Mhz (2100 DDR)
Board is 7KJDO and latest Bios 25/9/02. supporting XP+ .

Most problems seem to be the opposite, of reboot on shut down or random reboot !

the problem is reboot on shutdown or shutdown on reboot?

Why would you think this has anything to do with the AthlonXP?

As mentioned the problem is " shut down on reboot "
The problem is most likely to be bios related, although Chaintech do not seem to have come across it or they would have issued a bios update.

what u mean is when u restart... the pc is still "on" but it just cant reboot? if this the case... mostly i think it work be the hardware prob (mostly mobo)
last time i had bought amd 2400+ and after i installed it (soltek mobo) the reboot problem occur. it is due to the mobo incompatibility with newer cpu! altho i oredi update the latest bios which support 2400+

Thanks Bretenn

The problem is that Chaintech claims to support XP Athlon in the Bios Upgrade I use, which was adjusted late in 2001.
I am now using the latest update from 26 9 02 (since it was issued ) which works as mentioned , on 1333Mhz, but not on 2200+ processor upwards.
I also had a "standby mode" ACPI issue with the XP2200+ but this was sorted when fitting the XP2400+, with a beafier heatsink reducing the CPU temp to 45 C from 52 C

My fault, problem was removed by using PSU upgrade to 425 w, alhrough 350 probably would have done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back