Athlon XP ????+

J

jamespond

My CPU is an Athlon XP1600+.

From what ive read on other threads the actual speed isnt 1600.

What is the actual speed of my CPU, or how do i find out?

Also how difficult is it to overclock it(like will i have to start taking my computer apart)?

Finally is the Athlon XP1600+ better than the pentium 4 1.6GHZ?

you cpu speed is 1.4ghz, but it runs faster and performs faster then a 1.6ghz p4. This is a fact, and is not disputable. If you want to overclock you are going to have to unlock the mulitplier and increase it, or raise the front side bus. Overclocking is not something you should do unless you are fairly knowledgeable about it. I suggest http://www.overclockers.com this website has a lot of beginners guides and whatnot to explain some basics. Dont overclock unless your confident you can handle it, you could fry your cpu.

AMD may have lower clock frequencies, but their chips can execute more instructions per clock cycle than the Pentium 4, hence the greater performance from the XP.

That's why AMD uses the model numbers instead of clock speed.

According to AMD:

Clock Frequency x IPC = performance

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back