Athlon xp power consumption...

H

Highwind7777

would i be able to run an athlon xp mobo(almost any...I want a wide choice)with an athlon xp, tons of ram, 2 7200 rpm 40 gig hdd, radeon 8500, and 2 fans on a 145 watt power supply(it's a very very reliable power supply...dont ask wut it is, cuz I dont know, but it already has 30 thousand hours in it?

Dude personally, If I were putting that kinda money into a system with that kinda stuff, 300W would be the ultimate minimum size PS I would choose. Actually I would be very very surpised to see all that run on that small of a PS. Let me know how it works out for you. As far as it being a reliable PS, that really has nothing to do with it in this case, if it doesnt have the power, then it doesnt have the power.

well, I'm running a very similar system to what you're speaking of - I would recommend the same: NO LESS than 300w, even some 300w PS's might be insufficient - I'd suggest more, personally.

mavis

Hmmm!

Im on a Athlon TB 1200Mhz 266Mhz FSB 512MB DDR 2x 30GB ATA 100 7200RPM--G-Force Annhilator 256 PRO 32MB DDR... And DVD CD-ROM ..SoundBlaster Live player 5.1 ---Floppy drive ofcourse.. and a networkcard..

And i got a 240W PS..And thats FAR FAR FAR not ENOUGH power 2 run even all this hardware... if i install feks...a small Fan or even a 256MB ram stick ...everything will be totaly fucked up(Bluescreens..autorestarts..etc.. my power supply cant handle any more hardware at all... So i have ordered me self a 350W PS...

145W forget it.. thats just about how much W a 3D card is using.. remember also DDR ram.. and burners.. and big HDz--eats alot of juice (power) You Should at least get ur self a 340W PS or more..

LightWave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back