Athlon Xp or Intel P4

L

lilsnoop40

What would you rather have Athlon's FASTEST XP chip with 1gig of RAM(your choice) or Intel's FASTEST chip with 1gig of RAM your choice?

amd vs athalon

im waiting for the Hammer from amd then this is the set up

AMD Hammmer 2g+
1 gig+ of pc2700ram (333mhz)
ata 133 hd in raid 0 config
agp 8x
usb2.0

never get built in anything. sound video nic etc.. it will use more cpu than a card will and usally not have any extras

one of the main reasons I chose the Hammer is because it will have 3dnow, 3dnow pro,sse1,sse2 instruction sets so as applications and game make use of either set it will make your computer run faster as it gets older. (to an extent) if you get the intel tit only hase the sse1 and sse2. so anything made specficly for 3dnowpro will not be as fast on it.

and of course the normal reason people choose AMD over Intel
Better performance at a better price.

LET ME REMIND YOU THIS IS MY OPINION DO NOT FLAME ME FOR IT.
Folci

Waiting for a Barton myself, going to be faster than any p4 and the thouroughbred, going to get asus fly new board and a gf4...mmmmmmmm...LCD, i can't wait to build my new rig

I'll take the P4. Which reminds me have to get my raid controller.

I'll take either. All these fanatics out there. :rolleyes: Really, Intel and AMD both make quality chips. Both do a fantastic job.

good read, although i'm so sick of the "intels are more stable" thing, i've built over 30 amd machines in the last year and have zero problems. hmph maybe i'm just lucky

it all depends on how much you want to spend and if pure processor speed means anything to you. intel holds the crown for pure processor speed, while amd holds the crown for performance to price.

Im not really bothered who its by just aslong as its fast enough and fun to play with, like my GF :D

well hammer is geared towards servers, so i dont need it. clawhammer is more geared towards the normal consumers. gimme a clawhammer. does anyone know if it includes sse2?

p4 2.4 with rambus is the fastest setup right now comparing to those two, well see what the new generation of chips will have though.

When mine was running at 2.4Ghz it out performed the new 2.4Ghz one for some reason :(

I order my Koolance gear today! thank you payday!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back