athlon xp OCing

ruiner_066

OSNN Addict
sup guys? i was just OCing my 2000+ athlong XP & i was wondering, what is a safe temperature, and at what temperatyure should i stop overclocking, or turn it down at?

ps sorry for grammer im a little drunk

i'd definitely stop at 60c idle

i'd say a safe high temp would be 50~55c under load

of course there are gonna be alot of differing opinions......

ok, cool, well i have been meaning to get a better heat sink & fan for a while.im using a dragon orb 3 right now & it runs at upper 40's idle & low 50's under load.

so what's a good cooler if i'm going to be OCing? i dont wanna spend like $200 on water cooling or something =P just something that will keep it cool enough to push it a ways...i was thinkin a volcano9...would that be good?

I'm using a volcano 7+ in one of my systems and from what I hear they're better than the 9. One thing I like (aside from the all copper construction) is that the fan has 3 settings (on mine I think some have a dial adjustment(??)) I use the low setting most of the time and I've found it to be as quiet as a vantec aeroflow, w temps @42-46c (remember I'm in cool Seattle). If I want to play and clock it up I just click the switch and will drop to 39c at high setting. I think I paid less than $30us for mine.

kip

thermaltake are nice in terms of looks... and their CFM is pretty good...

but if you want a nice cooler... thats quiet... consider vantec/swiftech adn others... thermaltake is not really that queit... or cool...

of course this is for air-cooled..

watercooling is the way to go for even more cooling...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back