T

thop

Usually Windows XP display sth. like this:

1.4 Ghz
Athlon XP 1600+
512MB RAM

But since i've played with Tweak-XP it only reports:

512MB RAM

The CPU Info is missing. Also in the Devices Window in the Control Panel it shows "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor", it used to be "AMD Athlon XP".

How do i fix that? Unfortunately i have no registry backup. I already reinstalled the K7 processor update.

Welcome to the forums thop. :)

You could try changing the settings on tweakxp back, uninstalling it & then do a system restore. Might work.

thanks hipster :)

i'm not sure what you mean by system restore, but i don't have any backups or restore points :(

I tried to disable the setting in tweak-xp (i believe the cpu "optimisation" caused this) but it didn't help. I even looked with RegMon what Tweak-XP is doing, but it only changed the SecondLevelCache, so i reverted the change but didn't help.

I have used the CPU tweak in Tweak XP 1.27 and it does not have any visibilty effect on the Processor (2200+) in systems menus etc.
Dont choose "Athlon Processor " in this menu.
None of the settings in Tweak XP seem to have adverse effects as a rule.
Maybe you also changed something else??

I used Tweak-XP 2.08, maybe they have some new "tweaks" in there.

Originally posted by thop
i'm not sure what you mean by system restore, but i don't have any backups or restore points
Go to the start menu & get to system tools. In there you'll see system restore. See if it has any restore points. It should have unless it has been turned off.

If you have made a lot of changes to xp then be careful about which one you pick. You will lose changes made after the restore point.

Ahhh then you are up the proverbial creek. :eek:

At least it not a major hassle to put up with. :)

It may be a bit of a hassle if you want to post to futuremark's
site as it will not let you post unless it recognises your processor among other things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back