Athlon XP High Temperature

N

neo

I have Athlon XP 2000+(o/c 1774Mhz). The temperature is around 47C/117F. I want to know which CPU fan should I use too cool down. I don't want the water cooler.:confused:

Originally posted by neo
I have Athlon XP 2000+(o/c 1774Mhz). The temperature is around 47C/117F. I want to know which CPU fan should I use too cool down. I don't want the water cooler.:confused:

basically most of the decent copper coolers from coolermaster or thermaltake should be able to drop the temperature to around 40 odd C...

bear in mind that the temp you have is NOT very high... the cpu can handle to 90C and beyond... it is designed to... other factors determining cooling are things like air flow inside the computer...

:)

www.coolerguys.com for cpu cooling products...

but i really recommend u to change to better cooling fan and apply thermal...........
i think it is quite high...

Originally posted by neo
Here's the airflow of my rig

thats the exact same case I have m8... a chainmeng.. cept I have quiet 80mm fans front and rear and an antec badging and psu in my rig..

the oc should raise temps... are you posting temps after gaming perhaps? because that would certainly lead to a higher temperature...

overall if you have a good heatsink/thermal paste and airflow like in the case... and your room temperature is around normal... you should not have that high a temp... but having said that I am comparing to my rig... and my temps...

overall your temperatures are normal... far as I can see... so long as the baby purrs... don't frett m8 :)

The thermaltake Volcano 9 and Volcano 7+ are both really good fans.

And if you think your temperature is high, before I got proper cooling, my XP 1900 ran at about 65 to 70C for at least 2 months. No problems with it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back