Athlon XP 2000 overheating?

F

fimchick

I bought an Athlon XP 2000 and am using a heatsink/fan combo that I think may not be powerful enough to handle the heat. When I put the processor in the machine it powers up but the CD-ROM light keeps blinking, I get no video and it won't POST. At first I thought the CPU may be overheating, but the motherboard has a temperature sensor which didn't go off (it went off once for a second when I didn't correctly connect the heatsink fan to the power, so I know it works). What is the problem? Should I go and buy a different heasink/fan cooler or what?

Thanks!!

Can you give more information like
Heatsink/Fan (HSF) Combo name
Motherboard type
Video Card

And anything else you think might be of use.

Also maybe the Power Output of your PSU maybe.

Are you using the AMD Stock HSF, if you are then that should be running it OK, did you remove any wax film from the thermal pad before placing it on the CPU?

if your mobo's not POSTing, then reset your BIOS. that will set all to defaults. on my 2000+ OCed to 1833MHz my volcano 7+ stopped working (fan) and the processor was left under full load with just the copper HSF for 30 min. it surrivied to tell about it, one tough SOB

Funny, the person with the problem doesn't come back to the posting......?:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back