Athlon XP 1800+

Y

Yngwie_II

Yo guys,
i just wanted to know some stuff about the 1800+ series of the
athlon. Apparantly there are like 4 editions. One that has
.18 micron core, one with .13 micron, and one is rev B, and one is
rev A. And i heard that the rev A is bad, and the rev B is awesome.
Now which one is the thoroughbred? isn't it the one with .13 and
rev B? My athlon xp 1800+ is green, what does that mean then?
Ok thanks.

BTW, I purchased my athlon very recently, and it was boxed.

Posted by Yngwie_II
Yo guys,
i just wanted to know some stuff about the 1800+ series of the
athlon. Apparantly there are like 4 editions. One that has
.18 micron core, one with .13 micron, and one is rev B, and one is
rev A. And i heard that the rev A is bad, and the rev B is awesome.
Now which one is the thoroughbred? isn't it the one with .13 and
rev B? My athlon xp 1800+ is green, what does that mean then?
Ok thanks.

BTW, I purchased my athlon very recently, and it was boxed.

i'll explain it as simple as possible... athlon xp from 1500+-2100+ are palamino core....thoroughbreds... 0.18micron process...

2200+ is 0.13 micron process... could call it thoroughbred A to make it easier to differentiate though it is the same as the other XP cpu's... this is refered to as the thoroughbred A... first AMD cpu on the 0.13 micron process.. had a few issues with overclocking... performance was perfectly fine though... therefore rev A is not bad... it works fine...

after that.. the 2400+/2600+/2700+/2800+ came out... these are a revised version and are refered to as the B version... they oc better and run a little cooler as the die size was kicked up to allow better cooling...

there you have all your versions... 0.18 process, 0.13 micron process... revision A and revision B...

I have condensed the info a little lol so it may not all be accurate.. didn't want to get into fsb's and what not...

amd die's are normally green btw :)

Posted by Jz1397-4
Sazar you beat me to it every time

lol... not for the next few days m8... you can help all these lost souls... am off on 'vacation' till monday/tuesday next week... flight leaves in a few hours... :)

I have faith in you my young padawan :)

am back... your powers are now null and void lol :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back