athlon recomended temps to ease the worry.

The instructions for the tweak are for the via chipset. According to the information there the tweak will work for both amd and intel chipsets, but the instructions are for the via chipset.
It would stand to reason that because the tweak itself affects the chip as long as you could find the appropriate registers using wcpredit it should work, but I am not a computer professional.
Mabe somebody else could answer that one.

Probably be a good Idea to read about the tweak and then as you understand how it works, then do a search on google for other chipsets.

If you really want to cool your cpu down, forget water cooling and get yourself a Peltier Element.
A T-Bird 1.1GHz @ 1.524GHz was running at -27deg C using a 172W Peltier Element.
A 172W Peltier Element will cost you Au$99, when you consider the cost of setting up water cooling in your existing pc or the price of buying a water cooled case, you can see why I chose to opt for the Peltier Element. It's a fraction of the cost and will cool your cpu more than any water cooling setup could.
As well as the cost factor, its a lot less fuss to setup than water cooling, just add one piece between your cpu and heatsink and providing your power supply can handle the load, you're done. Oh, also if you're thinking of using one, make sure your cpu fan and heatsink are capable of dispersing the heat. While one side of the element is extremely cold under operation, the other side will be extremely hot. Also a good reason to make sure you put it the right way around. Once I have it installed I will report my temps.
If you want to read up on it go here http://www.overclockers.com/tips326/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back