Athlon 64 Cool n Quiet in action

Sazar

Rest In Peace
and there she is lads... :D

installed latest drivers and what not and lo and behold... it really does drop down to 800mhz when cpu load is minimal :D (ie you only have about 5-6 IE windows and a coupla background apps going)

cool%20n%20quiet%20@%20work.JPG

temps and fan speed are lower now since I turned on cool n quiet fan support as well... had forgotten to do it earlier...

Attachments

• cool n quiet @ work.JPG
    cool n quiet @ work.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 66
Sweet :D
The 2.4GHz Northwood in my laptop (desktop CPU) runs at just about the same temperatures when idle, and hits about 58C on a continuous full load.

I am running @ about 30C right now... :D

notice the clock speed... i dont notice a lack of performance @ all in day to day apps...

Of course not, unless I am compiling a program from source in Linux/BSD I can't really tell the difference between a 1GHz and 2GHz. I always laugh when the salemen are talking to someone and the conversation is as follows:

Fool: Well I just want to surf the web and read emails
Sales: OK well I'd suggest a $2000 Dell for that, if you want to play games, go with the $3000 model.

$2000 dell :eek:

:)

my bro works for dell btw :D and their email et al systems start around 500-600 USD for a decent system..

but I was expecting a performance hit when I run the ati tv app plus word n stuff.. but multitasking is just chewed up :)

do all k8 boards have cool-n-quiet or is it a special feature?

no... you have to ensure the mobo supports cool n quiet...

its built into the cpu so you don't have to worry about it there...

So is this "Cool n Quiet" something like SpeedStepping, but for desktop systems?

NetRyder said:
So is this "Cool n Quiet" something like SpeedStepping, but for desktop systems?

a bit like they use in amd's mobile system's but a first for desktops...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back