• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ATA133 RAID in XP

D

Draco_Blood_

DOes anyone know if there is a patch or something to get ATA133 raid to work in windows xp....? :(

P

pappcam

RAID or ATA 133 is entirely dependent on your motherboard, RAID controller, cables, etc. It has nothing to do with the operating system. Just make sure you have up to date drivers.

D

Draco_Blood_

no man, my raid and everything has new drivers and everything, but i read on a whole bunch of sites... that specifically ATA133 doesnt work with Win Xp, not the raid, nor the controller, but specifically ata133, I heard there were a few patches going around to get xp to support it... but no such luck yet

What? I have no idea where you heard that, but I don't think it's true. ATA133 works very well in XP. Alot of people on this board runs it. And I don't think they used any patches.

FYI, I still run ATA100 only.

B

Bob S

Like it was said above, it depnd on your motherboard (chip set). For example, if you are running a VIA chip set, I know UDMA 133 will not work without a patch that is on the VIA site.

B

Bob S

The IDE miniport for VIA chipsets does not install with the 4in1 driver and is needed for ATA 100. Follow you link!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies