AT&T and Verizon MERGE!! 41 BILLION CASH!

dubstar

format c:
anyone read about this? 41 billion dollars cash for the take over! thats crazyyyy! im not good @ commentary, but you can read about it here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

i would link straight to it, but i dont want to start posting things like {e}punk and not claim its rightful name.. (just teasing man).. :D

Cingular won the bid for AT&T for 41 Billion

Tuffgong4 said:
Cingular won the bid for AT&T for 41 Billion

That's what I was thinking. When did Verizon come into the picture? Guess it was just a typo...or something :D

Yeah, the "Verizon" and "Cingular" button are just right next to each-other.

Ahem, anyhow. Does this actually mean anything, or just that a lot of money has changed hands?
What's with all the talk of companies selling up recently anyway. :confused: :D

cingular:
they are not very helpful, want long term plans, and blame all problems on the operator.. does sound like MS :)

btw i have had them for 4years now, and they are realllllly crappy @ help, took 1month for them and verison to switch cellphone numbers. he had to carry around two phones. Might switch to Tmobile or what ever it is

can I just have the money and to heck with the buyout, merger or whatever it is?

chastity said:
can I just have the money and to heck with the buyout, merger or whatever it is?

Only if you wanna be in charge of that whole mess :p :D

Ferral_Imp said:
Only if you wanna be in charge of that whole mess :p :D
nah Bill Gates can be though.

Well I know what will happen at some point in time if these things keep happening the feds will do like they did to Standard Oil or Ma Bell 20+ years later they are all merging with each other again and reforming the orignal

chastity said:
nah Bill Gates can be though.

Well I know what will happen at some point in time if these things keep happening the feds will do like they did to Standard Oil or Ma Bell 20+ years later they are all merging with each other again and reforming the orignal

Well it will be fun to watch the whole thing along the way besides with MaBell the phone prices were pushed down and kept low

most thngs would be fun to watch when it relates to government and/or business

true especially if they brought back the gladiatorial games and had all the crud politicians and corrupt business leaders duke it out to the death.

One of the problems with AT&T Wireless if I recall are that they aren't a uniform carrier in that they aren't all GSM or all CDMA, etc. To me this is a drawback. When I was looking into buying a cellphone and checking out the carriers I wanted to go GSM but sadly, in the US, the GSM availability as well as the quality of the provider ended up driving me to go with CDMA and picking Verizon. My service has been excellent but I still think the GSM is so much nicer especially when swapping phones. A simple chip switch and yer good to go. Not so nice with non-GSM phones. Blah.

The good thing about Cingular grabbing AT&T is that it will provide a larger user base for GSM and hopefully, as a result, they will increase the size of the GSM network availability throughout the US. This is a very good thing for GSM. However, the real question is will they phase out the non-GSM offerings of AT&T or will they support it for existing customers and only offer GSM to newer ones? We'll see.

Hopefully sometime soon the Western Hemisphere and Europe will pull their heads out of their [censored] and come up with a world-wide GSM standard and not this 850/1900 Western Hemisphere GSM and 900/1800 European GSM.

/rotjong

yeah me and a friend were expecting this so in our school stock market game we bought at&t wireless and jumped up 183 thousand dollars! i wish my dad was in the stock market!!!! hey i saw a couple of sites but most of them dont let international people get register is there any that let u without a hastle?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back