Asuse Rampage Extreme II Mobo - Simply Amazing !

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
This board is just crazy. It makes me glad that I am waiting to build my next system.

What gets me most is the 12 gig ddr3, both SLI & Crossfire ready, and it is x58!

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_14_l.jpg

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_2.gif

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_3.gif

I'm happy with my current system but that motherboard definitely makes me want one.

It seems from reading elsewhere that the Nehalem (i7) processors may have a TLB bug. When this happened with the AMD Phenom it delayed release and hurt sales. With how great the i7 looks to be this is sad to see.

I'm happy with my current system but that motherboard definitely makes me want one.

It seems from reading elsewhere that the Nehalem (i7) processors may have a TLB bug. When this happened with the AMD Phenom it delayed release and hurt sales. With how great the i7 looks to be this is sad to see.
Intel Comfirmed it read it here...
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10707&Itemid=1
http://download.intel.com/design/processor/specupdt/320836.pdf

I did some pricing with this board and you are looking at a minum of around $1500.00 usd just for the board and processor. When you add everything else, you are looking around 5,000.00 easy. Crazy, just crazy ...

im happy i didnt wait for nehalem after all :)

the advantage Intel has over AMD is that Intel can completely re-write the cpu instruction set with a bios patch to remove the issue on current chips - newer revision hardware will provide a permanent fix.

Johnny: $1,500 minimum? yeah... if you're looking at a high end board like the Rampage Extreme 2, and the Core i7 Extreme 965 or whatever it's called. If you get a Core i7 920 or 940, it's nowhere near as much of a stab in the chest.

Johnny: $1,500 minimum? yeah... if you're looking at a high end board like the Rampage Extreme 2, and the Core i7 Extreme 965 or whatever it's called. If you get a Core i7 920 or 940, it's nowhere near as much of a stab in the chest.

I was going by the logic that if you are going to get a board like that, then, you are going to max it out.

I was going by the logic that if you are going to get a board like that, then, you are going to max it out.

Hey now Johhny! I was planning on getting this board with the mid-class i7 but money is going to be tight this month so I will have to wait another two months or so. The i7 Extreme Edition is complete insanity to pay for!!! This board makes me drool.

This board is just crazy. It makes me glad that I am waiting to build my next system.

What gets me most is the 12 gig ddr3, both SLI & Crossfire ready, and it is x58!

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_14_l.jpg

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_2.gif

12256705082lj36MK0TH_1_3.gif
this board is put together so nice it's a shame it can't be the face board of the case

I know what you mean, perris. I agree with you there ...

Wow, nice! Looks like there is a bunch of buttons and status LEDs near the front middle beside the PSU connector.

yeah.... the big bright red START button kinda made me giggle. And.... i do agree that it's nicely built..... but GOD do i SERIOUSLY wish manufacturers could find a better place to put that damn 4+4-pin CPU power connector. why the hell does it always HAVE to be up at the utmost top end of the board.... where if you're using a top-mounted PSU it's a pain to connect, and damn near impossible to disconnect while the PSU is in the case. And if you use a bottom-mounted PSU.... 9 times out of 10, that cable has to run across the top of your hardware, since the cables tend to not be long enough to be routed along the back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back