Asus or MSI?

Nice post Son Goku ... Reppage for you, not many go that distance to give info! :)

Mainframeguy said:
Nice post Son Goku ... Reppage for you, not many go that distance to give info! :)

Not to say he didnt give good advice, but checking the reviews for deciding what hardware to upgrade too is simply common sense...

Also, while he may be right about runs etc... for name brands... Asus simpy has the best rep when it comes to reliability, bar NONE... the first year they came out with video boards, running the ATI chipset they won several awards... that says something for their reliability etc...

As for the MSI vs ASUS debate for overclockability, I would goto overclockers.com or other similar OC'ing site.

Both are very good, and MSI had the advantage up until Asus released the last BIOS update... the problems which limited the Asus mobos went away...

which I might add is the reason I am here at OSNN today... :)

mlakrid said:
Not to say he didnt give good advice, but checking the reviews for deciding what hardware to upgrade too is simply common sense...

Also, while he may be right about runs etc... for name brands... Asus simpy has the best rep when it comes to reliability, bar NONE... the first year they came out with video boards, running the ATI chipset they won several awards... that says something for their reliability etc...

Company rep, or past awards is not the end all, be all when it comes to any piece of hardware. As I said, 2 things can happen:

1. Companies can change, and in the past companies have. It'd probably be a whole thread in itself concerning companies who had good products once (S3 with graphics cards, back in the day of the S3 Trio64 for instance), who's products have since gone down hill (aka the Virge and latter). It could be due to market changes (such as S3 having never made the transition away from 2D only graphics all that well), change in maneagment, losing some of one's best engineers, whatever...

Past successes aren't an infallible indicator of the future.

2. Any company, no matter who they are, can end up with a bad product from time to time. This doesn't mean they're a bad company or anything, but it does mean that no one is perfect.

This is precisely what happened with the Asus A7N266-E which I had for my previous motherboard. Prior to that I had bought 4 motherboards from them and hadn't had any issues. But then there was that one... That there have been issues, has also been confirmed by some local shops who swear by both Asus and Gigabyte in general enough, that they won't sell anything else. It happens, and it can happen to anyone. Going by company name alone would not let one spot that occassional bum board or bum model number, that being human, anyone can release...

im hearing about all this asus and abit..and i can understand i tried out the fatality which was killer but yall need the check the dfi lanparty or crossfire boards..way off the charts

I know what I need to do... and that is unsubscribe from this thread! :dead:

Another never ending thread...

ASUS lost the "tech" leader edge for a while with some finicky board designs.

MSI had a history of sloppy manufacturing for a long time.

Flip a coin, or decide based on features. They both have good MB's right now.

Just remember ot avoid ATI.

mlakrid said:
Yes but up until last year when Abit won several awards again for their mobos being a great OC'ing board for the pricepoint, their nicname was:
ASH|+ not ABIT

Their reliability track record SUCKS, sorry no other word for it

They have had issues with bad caps in the past, but that goes for a lot of other brands too. MSI, Abit, Asus have all had cap problems afaik.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back