Asus K8V-Deluxe says processor overclocked and will not start.

rundquist_99

FFxi Addict
Any reasons why when this morning *due to my curiosity* i shut down myPC and took out memory chip 1. Read the lable and set the chip back in.Now when i turn back on it says "BIOS Failed - Processor ImproperlyOverclocked"

I don't have it overclocked and the PC has been running for the last1.5 years with those memory chips.... I did not have alot of thime thismorning before work to mess with it. Tonight i plan on making surethere is no dust or anything that i can see causing problems.

Also will try just 1 stick at a time to rule out the chips!

Asus K8V-Deluxe
AMD64 2003MHz

Try clearing the bios, my brand new A7N8X-E Deluxe Board did some really strange things like massive underclocking and overclocking all on it's own.

Ya all i did was reseat the memory a few more times and it started right up!

No clue - must have been tempermental.... :ermm:

Might be worth giving it a good bios update anyway, if one is available :D

well I had the same problem with Asus A8V Deluxe board and turns out it was a ram issue the board and ram I got when I got the board.

Still working fine after a few more days.

I just thought this was weird cus the PC has been built and runningwith this exact memory configuration for almost 2.5 years now!

oh, the computer says no sometimes on even stable configurations :D

good tips in this thread though.

NLM said:
Yeah them asus do some stange things.....
true true..

how do you clear a bios? just take out the battery? (or as ali-g would call it b82rez)

Take out battery, move a jumper setting from pin 2-3 to pin 1-2 and leave there for 15 secs.... or so the mobo papers say!

Mines even printed right on the motherboard!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back