Asus K8V Deluxe - Is it a good or bad motherboard...

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

Im thinking of getting an Athlon 64 and im thinking of getting the Asus K8V Deluxe and i was wondering if anyone has had any troubles with them etc or has one and recons they are good etc

its a good board... lots of features and pretty decent performance as well...

I suggest if you can ensure you get the optional wireless lan module since that is one of the key fancy features IMO :)

I'm also considering to upgrade to an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo. Can anyone offer some advice or suggestions if this is the way to go:

*AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Processor Retail
w/Fan and Heatsink - $226
*Asus K8V Deluxe Via K8T800 Athlon 64 Skt754 DDR ATX Motherboard - $140.00
*Kingston HyperX KHX3500K2/512 512MB Kit DDR433 PC3500 Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail - $140
*ATI OEM Radeon 9600 XT AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card - $159.00

I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck. I play games, encode video, music, digital pictures and I multitask a lot.

Any suggestions?

its not a bad setup @ all.. the cpu is more important for most of the items you are using and the a64 holds up well to multitasking... as well as for gaming though the gpu is more important...

as I advise anyone who buys a64's :D READ THE MANUAL BEFORE INSTALLING HEATSINK... lol.. its very easy and cools well but you need to install teh retention plate first :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back