ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

seems so but if its a rev2 i wonder exactly whats been fixed/different etc

Here is what I got that the difference is:

“We are going to release A8N-SLI Premium soon. Basically we keep all features, specification on A8N-SLI Deluxe is available on A8N-SLI Premium. ASUS added a smart innovation on A8N-SLI Premium without SLI selector card,” an ASUS spokesperson said.

The main difference between previous generation ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and ASUS A8N-SLI Premium is the so-called AI Selector. ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mainboard incorporate AI (ASUS Intelligence) Selector, which adopted Pericom Semiconductor’s PCI Express Switch IC (integrated circuit) instead of a selector card.

AI Selector enables easy switching between single-GPU and dual-GPU modes by simply clicking on the mouse under Microsoft Windows operating system. Unlike in previous cases, there is no need to open the PC case and physically adjust the SLI selector card, which provides users an opportunity to disable Multi-GPU mode for games that malfunction because of it.

Heeter

Hm, not enough of a change to justify upgrading from the Deluxe.

Had me worried though when I read the title. I just bought my board a week ago.

Ahh but that is not all one must look deeper to see all the changes. With the new SLI mode setup and selector card playing with the dodo and the T-rex it has made room for the PCIeX4 slot to be put in. Now my math is only my job but 16 lanes for Graphics leaves 4 for what the first board had on it so I am guessing that the X4 slot can be used at full speed but the X1 slot next door will be turned off. But what could we use a x4 slot I have heard nothing about hardware for that.....nay save one. The boys over at http://www.ageia.com have this neat little (Earth shattering IMHO) idea the PPU (Physics Processing Unit) I don't know If you guys have heard the rumblings about this or not but they say they have been in talks with MB manufacters. Well more to the point according to what I have read the best PPU will be on a PCIeX4 slot and what do you know no we have a mobo with one on it. but hey what do I know I am just one guy trying to put this whole thing together. The good news is that If I am right you can hold off on the upgrade the PPU boards arent supposed to be out till christmas so you can let the price settle just a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back