ASUS A7V333 / VIA PCI Latency patch needed!

D

Dimoe

Hey, I had another form going about some of my computer issues, but I have norrrowed the problem down to this single issue.

I have an ASUS A7V333 with RAID 0 enabled. I need a few things with to fix my problems but I can't seem to be able to find the files I need.

First, on the VIA website there is a Hyperion Driver that is suppostly compatible with all VIA chips (not hybrids). Anyway, when I download the file, I get "NTVTM.exe" error. So I can't install the latest drivers. Whats the problem?

Second, I need a PCI latency patch for my mobo, but when I download (0.19 Version - December 12, 2001) the zip file I get is empty. The site I used is:

http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/

Then I find out this:

So anyone know where I can find a working link to this file and if there is even a version compatible with the A7V333?

I know that there must be A7V333 users out there that must have fixed this PCI latency issue somehow. I also happen to have a Creative Labs sound card to make things worse.

The only patch that is above 0.20b12 is this:

Dangerous 0.20b17 version

Whats with the dangerous??? Any patch under 0.20b12 is already dangerous for my mobo and this one is just dangerous in gereral. wtf!! They all dangerous!!!

Anyway, i found a RPP - Raid Performance Patch that does something, dunno if it has anything to do with PCI latency.

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=66
Scroll abit down to find patch.

Anyone know anything about the Hyperon 4in1 drivers? and y i get an error?

its there way of saying, if you do it dont scream at us if it breaks. and the famous 'b' for beta build.
if you dont want to chance it, dont install a beta.
but when you have hardware/software issues, somtimes its the only way, a beta firmware update solved a very awkward usb slide scanner conflict today.:rolleyes:

i just want to know how other people with this same board have solved this problem.

BTW: does the new Hyperon 4in1 v4.45 fix this issue? it seems like the ftp link file works. I'll install it once I get home.

Umm Dimoe I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem but what's with that whack ass graphics card of yours? I'm checking your system stats and everything is looking ok until I get to your TNT2 ULTRA?!?!?! Lol, either lie or upgrade just don't show that dinosaur!

Wilted, maybe he loves that card :)

I have a Trident Blade AGP 8MB card that I really like :)

lol, i guess i'm writing this reply to keep this post around the top so maybe someone can see it and might be able to help me.

Anyway, I don't have a TNT2 Ultra anymore, I gotz a Radeon 9700 Pro, big difference eh?

I haven't had time to update system specs on my sig. I think i'm just to lazy...

Problemz fixed!

I installed Hyperion 4in1 v4.45 driverz, installed latest version of PCI latency patch, installed VIA RAID performance enhancer and added a stick of 256mb or DDR333. Result?

Stabability is amazing now, no .5 second stalls every 9 secs, nothing with muliple programs or in games. Here is a pic:

Screenshot

Before I would stall after a few video files and gamez running, around 9 programs. My sound would go weird and I would either restart, get some blue screen or just stall.

Thx for everyones help, now i'm off to overclock GPU and CPU.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back