Asus A7V333 motherboard CPU error problem-HELP!!!

D

d082088

I've got a new Asus A7V333 motherboard with a Athlon 1600XP chip installed. This is my first experience with a Asus board. As best I can tell all the jumpers are in their default settings and the "jumper free mode" is active. Upon bootup I get the error "CPU failed system test". I'm looking just to make sure that its not a configuration problem that I've "man made" but really is a bad CPU before I go through all the headache of getting a RA and pull it out and send it back. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance for ANYTHING you guys (and gals) can send me!!:)

You may have fried your CPU if you didn't install the heatsink right...so you might send it back, but keep in mind, it may be your fault...which means, you voided the warranty

if the cpu was installed they probably installed the heatsink too....
or not???:confused:

I meant he didn't install it correctly...if it isn't seated right, it can overheat..

I am using A7V333 mobo as well, and i accidentally installed my hsf the other way round on my XP 1800+. I dun think u can fry ur cpu that easily as A7V333 comes with cpu overheating protection.

My previous experience (the wrong direction of HSF installation) enabled me to boot up at 1150MHz only however, not at stock of 1553MHz.

So, just double check everything and hope it works for u.

Uhmm...well I think I read something about this earlier today at sharkyextreme...try looking inside the socket...is the thermosistor thingy sticking up and keeping the processor from sitting like it's supposed to?

If not, take your finger or another blunt object if u prefer (make sure you're grounded) and push it down, (not very far, just far enough so that the socket edges clear it.)

Deja, the A7V333 reads the internal diode. In regards to CPU overheating protection, it needs to be enabled in BIOS, so it may or may not be...and it's not foolproof. So yes, you can easily fry your CPU, even with COP.

Aight UofEEE, must have been the Abit that did that...I get both of them mixed up...all the time...ever since I heard both names...:D

lol ok...i was almost gonna get that one too...but I want the Dragon, with the onboard hardware, and the shiny PCB...well ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back