ASUS A7V333 and onboard C-Media sound

M

mcdruid

Hi all,

' just put together a new PC based on this board. I've got a couple of questions about the onboard sound:

(By-the-way I'm running the v1015 BIOS. I think there's a new one out, but it's a Beta at the moment - I'd rather wait until a final verision comes out than flash my board with a Beta of the BIOS. Also I got an updated driver for the sound chip off of Windows Update, so I think I'm running the latest official release)

1. The C-Media chip(set) seems to work fine, except for the first second or so. It sounds fine when listening to a long track etc.. but whenever it does a system 'beep' or whatever, it seems to crackle a bit. Has anyone else experienced this, and has anyone found a way of stopping it?

2. I'm thinking about getting a slightly better sound card some time in the future. Has anyone found a way of disabling the onboard sound? I've seen a couple of reviews saying this isn't possible at the moment from the BIOS - and it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for any tips everyone.

cheers, mcdruid.

PS. I'm, not religous, but a prayer, or whatever your equivalent is, goes out to the astronauts on Colombia & their families. I'm a bit of a cynic about the moon landings and all that, but the shuttle crews truly are the vanguard of the human race, and I admire them a lot.

you can disable it via the jumpers ...just look at the manual for location

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back