Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe w/ ATI AIW 9700 Pro?

suicide_pact

---pro a.v. geek
New mobo, had the card for a while. I noticed that in the Asus manual, it says the AGP only supports 1.5v, not 3.3v. My question is: will my card work w/ this mobo? I know it worked w/ my old mobo (ECS p.o.s.), and I also know that the card requires a separate power lead (checked manual, can't find voltage listings). I'm pretty sure I'm being paranoid, but I really don't wanna' fry my mobo. Any and all help is much appreciated. If anyone has any other help, advice or comments in re: this mobo/gpu are welcome. THANKS!!! :confused:

I have used a 9600pro and my 9800 with it a fault. My geforce 3 ti200 however refused to work properly with it

yea, I doubt you will have a problem...and if by any chance you do, you canalways return either.

Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe graphic problems

erm i just bout my ASUS A7N8X-E Duluxe and i set it all up correctley but when i tryed my Powercolor Radeon 9200 all i got was on the moniter screen no signal imput and there was no BEEP on the motherboard so someting must be wrong

anyway I read threw the manuel and i found out it didnt support 3.3 only 1.5 :mad:

so now i am stuck i dont know which card supports 1.5 only

can any1 help me?

hi are you saying that your 9600pro will work ? on the ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE ?

or are all cards with pro allow you? do they all support 1.5

So far (1 month approx.), and no problems regarding power. My one problem is that in my bios, i can't adjust my agp aperture from 64 megs to 128 megs. When I do, my comp. won't boot.

brief overview of the agp standards and their progression over the years..

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/tech-planations/920_2.html

to keep in mind

While AGP 3.0 spec uses existing AGP 2.0 and AGP Pro 1.5v connectors, this does not mean you can use an AGP 3.0 card on a AGP 2.0 motherboard, you cannot. What is does mean is that some AGP 3.0 motherboards will accept AGP 2.0 1.5v cards. It depends on the design of the motherboard. Some AGP 3.0 motherboards will support only AGP 3.0 and some will support both AGP 2.0 and AGP 3.0. Since this is still a draft spec any of the info on AGP 3.0 is subject to change.

hope this helps...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back