Asus A7n8x

S

silky62678

Im getting a ASUS A7N8X and wanted to know what is the difference between the ASUS A7N8X and the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe? From what i seen, I dont see any difference. Other than the ram slots are different colors. Can some shed some light on this for me.

deluxe has Sound Storm audio, Serial ATA, and IEEE 1394.

Dual Lan & ASUS Wincinema both OPTIONAL on both boards.

[specs: vanilla / deluxe ]

**breakdown**

· Experience the full power of surround sound audio with the NVIDIA® SoundStormv™. With the integrated APU (Audio Processing Unit) you will feel the impact in games or music. And with the only Dolby® Digital 5.1 encoder you can hear it all in amazing digital cinema clarity on your home theater receiver or digital PC speaker system.

· Serial ATA is the next generation ATA specification that provides scalable performance for today and tomorrow. With up to 150MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA is faster than current Parallel ATA, while providing 100% software compatibility.

· IEEE 1394 interface provides high speed digital interface for audio / video appliances such as digital television, digital video camcorders, storage peripherals & other PC portable devices.

The Deluxe Model has the Serial ATA support, the standard doesnt, though the specs are confusing as SATA is listed in both, the Non deluxe has "Serial ATA (Deluxe Model)" in its specs

Originally posted by dubstar
deluxe has Sound Storm audio, Serial ATA, and IEEE 1394.

Dual Lan & ASUS Wincinema both OPTIONAL on both boards.

[specs: vanilla / deluxe ]

**breakdown**

· Experience the full power of surround sound audio with the NVIDIA® SoundStormv™. With the integrated APU (Audio Processing Unit) you will feel the impact in games or music. And with the only Dolby® Digital 5.1 encoder you can hear it all in amazing digital cinema clarity on your home theater receiver or digital PC speaker system.

· Serial ATA is the next generation ATA specification that provides scalable performance for today and tomorrow. With up to 150MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA is faster than current Parallel ATA, while providing 100% software compatibility.

· IEEE 1394 interface provides high speed digital interface for audio / video appliances such as digital television, digital video camcorders, storage peripherals & other PC portable devices.
The Asus A7N8X is not a SoundStorm board, it has onboard Audio yes, but is not SoundStorm. There is something about this on the front page.

How much difference does Sound Storm audio and Serial ATA make ?

The serial ata (raid on the deluxe ) is only going to help if you plan on upgrading to new sata hard disks that Seagate and Maxtor are producing. these run at 150 vs. the 133 that the fastest ide drives now produce. Most if us are lucky to have 100 ide drives.These drives cost considerably more at present. I haven't read any reviews yet as to how much performance is improved.
I dont know if this helps or not.

Originally posted by silky62678
Which mobo has the different color ram slots?

well if there are only 2 boards, both of them have different colors.:D

both support Dual DDR, so the colour dont really matter

the Deluxe has 1 black and 2 blue

I have both boards and I like my Deluxe much better, the onboard audio with the non-deluxe is bad.......

I have the gold version ;)

DDR400 Support
AGP 8x Technology
Gigabit LAN Ready
Serial ATA
333MHz FSP AthlonXP Support
IEEE 1394
S/PDIF In/Out Interface
ASUS C.O.P.
Asus Multi-Language BIOS
Asus Post Reporter

That sound like the deluxe?
I also got WinDVD stuff on a cd, which I haven't even looked at!

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I have the gold version ;)

DDR400 Support
AGP 8x Technology
Gigabit LAN Ready
Serial ATA
333MHz FSP AthlonXP Support
IEEE 1394
S/PDIF In/Out Interface
ASUS C.O.P.
Asus Multi-Language BIOS
Asus Post Reporter

That sound like the deluxe?
I also got WinDVD stuff on a cd, which I haven't even looked at!

is the onboard comparable to your audigy 2 EP ?

haven't heard about the feature comparisons really... perhasp you should do a review ? :D

all my m8's who upgraded recently have the deluxe (the entire total of 2 who were upgrading) lol... so I really dunno bout the differences..

I am still using my basic kt3=ultra board...

/me waiting for hammers to hit the deck before considering upgrades...

Well I don't know which is better the gold or the deluxe. both have that kind of "oh my god I must destroy and replace my standard one immediatly" kind of thing going on ;)

I haven't tried the onboard.
Tho to be honest I am not really making use of digital out until this arrives on monday...

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetailsnew.asp?modelcode=KWE-KRFV6060DS

As for the review, I really wouldn't know what the **** I was talking about... learned a little bit over the past couple of days tho while looking at new amps/recievers.

personlay i love the board i have the normal one my self and my dad has the delux, now the sand storm sound sounds better than the aduigy 2 on the speakers that i have but other than that i dont know, and there is a option that is almost like an over clock with the newest bios flash that lets you put DDR 400 ram in there, which is so great, also it can handle the new 400 fsb chips when they come out, that is what i was told from asus, but it is a great board and the delux is totaly worth it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back