ASUS A7N8X urgent assistance required.

F

Flatbeat_Eddy

Ok, basicly im having difficulty with the temp readout on the BIOS screen, its jumping irratcally from 40c to 50c?

however when i Check my Temp from the ASUS PC probe software that come with the mobo it reports a Steady 42c?

What am i to believe, I heard that the newer bios updates screw with the temp readout but thats unconfirmed.?

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
Ok, basicly im having difficulty with the temp readout on the BIOS screen, its jumping irratcally from 40c to 50c?

however when i Check my Temp from the ASUS PC probe software that come with the mobo it reports a Steady 42c?

What am i to believe, I heard that the newer bios updates screw with the temp readout but thats unconfirmed.?
that's weird that the bios is giving erratic readings. especially since the software doesn't and they both read from the same sensor, i'm sure. :huh:

OI have the same board and the same problem. I called their tech support and the guy told me that it is a known issue and it will be fixed in a later patch. He told me to use ASUS Probe as a temp reader, it is the most accurate. Hope this helps

the same problem just diffenrent sources. Pc Probe is showing my cpu temp is 49C, but the temp guage on my computer shows around 53 and 56. since this is hardware that is tell me a different temp, which one should i beieve ?

if you have the same board, take bootsy's word for it. trust the software for now until a future patch (bios update?) comes out.

Originally posted by silky62678
the same problem just diffenrent sources. Pc Probe is showing my cpu temp is 49C, but the temp guage on my computer shows around 53 and 56. since this is hardware that is tell me a different temp, which one should i beieve ?

Holy S**t dude, 49c isnt too great imo. did you not use thermal paste~? :eek:

Im running at 32c right now and thats on an Overclocked 2500 to 2800 :)

Yeah, im thinking that's not a good temp. I put paste on the CPU and heatsink, but i thin i put too little. At first i thought cause i put it together lastnight, but i may have to repaste it.

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
Im running at 32c right now and thats on an Overclocked 2500 to 2800 :)
unless your case is loud as hell, i wouldn't trust the temps your getting. :rolleyes: just my advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back