Asus A7N8X BIOS 1006

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I've just updated my BIOS from 1004 to 1006 on Asus official homepage and now my computer won't work. What is happening is the monitor is just flashing green at me, I've swapped video cards and monitors and it’s the same effect on all. I suspect it’s the motherboard unfortunately, something to do with the flash. I hope not but please someone confirm this and let me know of any possible fixes from recovering BIOS failure?

You could try clearing the cmos if you haven't already done so. When you updated the bios did it tell you it had succeeded.

Yes I've just cleared my CMOS, the computer seemed to be functioning again. But after reconfiguring BIOS and powering down, the monitor is doing the blinking green again!!! This is really frustrating, could it be the battery is dying??

/update, Well after clearing the CMOS a FEW times, its booted up about twice. Its on right now, and I'm going to try and reflash the BIOS, but to me it seems like the battery is dying?? But we'll see I guess. Randomly it still goes to the blinking.

/update, after reflashing the computer is booting to blinking light on the monitor, the only way around it is to clear the CMOS EVERYTIME.....

If it was the CMOS battery I think it just loads the bios defaults but you could try it. When http://www.nforcershq.com/ is back up have a look in the Asus part of their forum as they have a sticky for bios problems, bugs ect for each new bios for our board

After reflashing its seemed to have cleared up, atleast so far.... But I guess we'll find out, something I assume, must have happened during the flash. Its the only thing I can think of.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back