• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

assign dhcp addresses based on OU membership

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
folks,

anyone know if it's possible, in win server 2003, to assign dhcp addresses based on group membership?

when users VPN in, i want them to be assigned an ip address within a specified block depending on whether they are a member of one group or another.

for example, if you are in the IT ou, you get an ip in the range of 10.40.30.5 to 10.40.30.90 but if you are in the Sales ou you get an ip from the range of 10.40.31.5 to 10.40.31.90

thanks!!!

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
You can assign term serv users an IP address using AD under the "Dial-in" tab of the user's profile (Assign static).

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
Oh, i see what you mean. Hmm, well, that would work but that is too granular. Is there a way to assign dynamic ip's from a range, rather than doing it manually for every user?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
These workstations that they VPN in from, are the workstations apart of the domain or are they standalone (workgroup)?

If so, when they dial in it should connect as workstation.DOMAIN

You could assign a reservation using that MAC address.

As for assigning a range. Depends on the VPN solution.

For instance, I use a Nortel based solution and in the config for the VPN setup I assigned range 172.16.1.240-250.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies