assembly vs c++

FishBoy

Feeeesh
which one of those is more powerfull i know C++ is the most powerfull language but if assembly is the closes to machine language doesn't that mean that assembly should be stronger than C++??

Assembly if you like coding in opcodes....

C if you like programming in english :D

I'm dubious to the advantages of c++ as windows is almost entirely C + ASM

what i thought windows was C++, no im sure it is c++ does more than C, and assembly i think is powerfull but really complicated and kinda hard to learn, that's what i think

the question itself reveals glaring lack of knowledge and/or experience - since when did a language in and of itself have "power"?

As an example you could have a tractor and an F1 racing car with the same raw engine power.... one is great for fields and the other for grand prix circuits - and their "power" can be compared similarly as equivalent but suited for different tasks.

The answer as to what is most powerful - is simple - BOTH not either in isolation, and preferably assisted by a good interpretive testing harness and poweruflk "make" procedural language too...

I hope this helps. The road to understanding software for you, grasshopper, is a long one ;) :p

Windows has always been coded in C, all C++ does is add an OO Framework to which its advantages are dubious at best. Where you need time critical code and youknow your target CPU inside and out you would use manually optimized ASM.

ASM in itself is easy to learn but hard to master. Its also hard to trackwaht you're doing without writing copious quantities of notes.

Mr MFG here though codes in machine code... Its almost like he tripped and NASM landed in his brain :D

ASM is the language closest to the hardware and therefore the fastest since you can optimize it very well. But it's hell to write anything big in it.

C/C++ is (roughly) the next abstraction level. It's much easier to code bigger things in, but also a bit slower.

Then there's a tons of other languages higher up, Java, Python and what not. These are even easier to code in (no memory management and headaches like that), but yet again slower.

It's all about abstraction levels grasshopper. ;)

Mainframeguy said:
the question itself reveals glaring lack of knowledge and/or experience - since when did a language in and of itself have "power"?
well yea but by power i meant like the one that can take most control of the machine as in like do the best work on the hardware

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back