ASPI issues in XP

C

Chanyael

I currently use a BTC 24x CDR and an HL-DT-ST CDRW GCE 8160B USB Device (Amacom EZCDRW). Programs like CDEX and AudioCatalyst require some interface driver (ASPI) to communicate with these things. Since moving to XP, I cannot use my Amacom to rip mp3s at any speed faster than Analog (1x).

I have been to the MS site, and it says ASPI is not supported. Woohoo! <smack>

I installed the ASPI drivers on this site, as well as the 4.71 version on the Adaptec web site, and aspichk.exe says the installation is OK. But, it remains, the applications either don't see the device at all or do not want to communicate with it in any fashion other than 1x analog.

Ideas anyone? Having two CDRs that only rip at 1x is killing me!

Bios update, ide driver update, firmware update for the drives... in that order. Hope that helps.

I was having trouble with ASPI 1.70...

Then I went to this site about removing the region settings on my drive (both worked by the way)

Then further down the page the guy said to stick with version 1.60 as 1.70 are p*ss.

I downgraded and all is better again.

REF:- /http://kickme.to/dvd105s

If you need the older drivers you will find them hanging around here:- /http://www.filemirrors.com/index.html

:)

I found this the other day....

Can't remember where, a site like this....

Apparently it fixes some regestry keys....

See attached...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back