ASPI Drivers

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
OK I have loaded the driver now where do I go to see the version that is installed? I ain't got a clue. :rolleyes:

check adaptec's site for a program called aspichk32. It should tell you about what you have installed

or just download Nero's aspi layer and throw it in your win32 dir.

O right. I already have that checker. Forgot about it. :rolleyes: Thought it would be on the system somewhere. Thanx. :)

Doesn't make sense to me. With xp I think only two files get installed. It is working OK.....well it hasn't given me any grief but the checker says it is not installed properly.

Before starting this thread I did a forum search & found this page. I downloaded 'force aspi' & everything else there. :D I'll run that & see what it does........later today.

[edit] I won't run it. Just as I hit submit I remembered they are 4.60. I have 4.71.

I'll do that google. :D :D

[edit edit] OK I'll forget google & hit that link instead. :D :D :D

Followed the link & found that I already downloaded the file. I think it still has the older driver. Might try & see if I can get 4.71 in there some how. Thanx for the help. Will keep trying to sort it out. :)

4.60 is generally considered the better ASPI layer. Newer is not always better.

Yeah I've only tried the later driver. It works OK it's just that stupid checker that says it not..............but it is. :rolleyes:

With xp I think only two files get installed. It is working OK....
You only need the first and last files, the two in the middle don't apply. And for XP I would go for at least 4.70. No need for ForceASPI, Apaptec now allows use of it's ASPI for anyone, might as well get it from the source..

Was there a specific reason you need an additional ASPI layer?

I went back to 4.6. Heard some horror stories about 4.7 with xp but I found it OK. I'm trying a new burning program, burnatonce. Great little program. Freeware of course.

Have the same problem as Hipster , run Aspichk and you get an error message on installation of aspi files.
Have tried to run a program from Grc .com that relies on Aspi layer to check the performance of zip discs.
Neither Aspi 4.60 or 4.71/2 have initialled on XP correctly, to allow recognition of the zip drive on this program.
Even forcing them makes no diff.

Worked fine in Win 98

Did you use Force ASPI? If so in the folder you will find 'killaspi.bat'. Try running that to remove aspi, reboot, then run 'instaspi.bat' to install 4.6.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back