Ask me any question regarding my new Zune.

Well, it converts everything I've ran into automatically, with exception to .avi's, for which I use TMPGEnc 3.0 (as instructed by one of the Zune devs). It does awesome batch encoding and its extremely easy to do things fast. Flawless experience for me.
well what files r u putting on there?
My files are all the divx files, not already wmv.
I decided to get xilisoft.
I got the package, not to bad 40 bucks.
but it also does dvd ripping so...
Im not sad about it though, with the money I saved from using the fye backtage pass, it pretty much paid for the converter. Im sure there are other ways to convert (windows movie maker, for example) but i just didnt feel like dealing with it. this works for me and the Zune is still the best mp3 player i have ever owned.

You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I've been pondering the idea myself but it would have to be compatible with WMP (and that's going to take time).
Ditto, pretty much is the only thing holding me back from getting one. I have had an iPod mini for a few years now - works great but I want something new :D

the reason it is not compatible with WMP11 is because it is integrated with the Zune Marketplace. Zune software also bundles in transcoding software and other little Zune-specific things that would make WMP11 very hindered if they did allow it to sync. I am dealing with the segregation pretty well.

the reason it is not compatible with WMP11 is because it is integrated with the Zune Marketplace. Zune software also bundles in transcoding software and other little Zune-specific things that would make WMP11 very hindered if they did allow it to sync. I am dealing with the segregation pretty well.
Just thought I would let everyone know.
I purchased my Zune at FYE, i have the backstage pass, i got 10% off of the Zune, thus it was only 230, if you go on your B-day, you can get 20% off, thus a price take of 200. Don't simply dismiss the Zune as something not accepted with the Backstage Pass.
-Jack

I saw the Zune up close and in person for the first time. It looks a lot nicer than I had first thought. Many critics were making a big deal about it being larger than the iPod, but the screen on the Zune is awesome. It's still small for something with a screen that size.

I saw the Zune up close and in person for the first time. It looks a lot nicer than I had first thought. Many critics were making a big deal about it being larger than the iPod, but the screen on the Zune is awesome. It's still small for something with a screen that size.
mmm yes it is.
I like the size though, i find it small enough to fit in my pocket, easy to hold, and you cant beat that screen :)

Yeah, the Zune's screen is gorgeous, and the UI makes every other device's UI look primitive in comparison. I think if Microsoft makes the second gen model a tad bit slimmer, works out most of the little software kinks and bugs, and adds one or two killer features (that leverage the WiFi capabilities, for example), we'll have a winner.

We have to realize that we're comparing a first-generation product to others that have gone through numerous revisions over the years, and you can't ignore Microsoft's tenacity when it decides to enter a marker. When they first launched the PocketPC, Palm fans thought it would never take off. Look at where we are today - even Palm is selling devices running Microsoft's OS. :) I'm not saying it's a sureshot thing, but the same could happen to the "critic-worshipped" iPod a few years down the line.

Mmm, i wish it were more space.
Not that i need it, but until they pull out the 80gb, the ipod lovers can always say: Well mine is available in 80gigs, yours?

i got a question about something you said about the copyrights? you said you can't put albums into your zune without it being copyright protected? does that mean albums you've ripped from cd's earlier cannot be used with the zune?

I have no idea what was said bout copyrights, so far i have had no problem putting all my music on the zune, and some it is ripped from cds so...
I can also put dvds on there.

i got a question about something you said about the copyrights? you said you can't put albums into your zune without it being copyright protected? does that mean albums you've ripped from cd's earlier cannot be used with the zune?
Hmm - I believe you are referring to the DRM it attaches to music that you put on it.

It is a safety net for music you could potentially send to other people.

OR..

are you talking about the myth that you can't put on music that isn't copyright protected? That's not true - all of my music is not copyright protected or is & I own it. I guess I just haven't ever run into any issues because I am not foolish enough to buy from an online music store that DRM's its music.

Hey,
I am trying to install my zune software (from hell)
on my laptop.
It stops at: no updates found, and only gives me the option to quit.
What do i do?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back