Ask AMD: about Athlon XP temps !

I think he is referring to the the ASK AMD part. Check attached for clarification.

Max Die Temperature

General AMD Athlon XP Processor Specifications Model Number Operating Frequency (MHz) Nominal Voltage Max Die Temperature

AMD Athlon XP (1500+ to 2100+) at 1.75V = 90 Degrees Celsius MAX

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ at 1.65V = 85 Degrees Celsius MAX

This is pretty much what it has on the site...

Re: Max Die Temperature

Originally posted by Dimoe
General AMD Athlon XP Processor Specifications Model Number Operating Frequency (MHz) Nominal Voltage Max Die Temperature

AMD Athlon XP (1500+ to 2100+) at 1.75V = 90 Degrees Celsius MAX

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ at 1.65V = 85 Degrees Celsius MAX

This is pretty much what it has on the site...

that would be in an idea climate but for people like myself where its 110 degrees outside during the summer and below freezing outside during the winter those specs don't match up.

I think they mean...

Ya, I think AMD is trying to say that their Athlon XP (Palamino) CPU's are not meant to be run above 90 degrees Celsius = 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

These specs don't reflect the temperature that the CPU is meant to be run at.

Personally mine runs from about (42C to 57C) which is nowhere near 90C. I wouldn't even run my computer if the CPU temp went over 65C. But thats just me...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back