Asdl & Xp.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
I just orderd ASDL through BT Broadband.
I wanted to ask the experts in the forum if there is anything i should know about it & whats the best bet on a firewall for it.
I want to be prepared for it instead of scratching my head because it wont work.
Does anyone have any links about the pro's and cons of ASDL.
So far all i found are 2 year old links. bahh...

goto www.dslreports.com it's mainly US site, but DSL is pretty much the same all over.

As for Firewall it's all a matter of opinion, I use norton, but most people seem to like Zone Alarm pro 3

I have ADSL and like it a lot...

ZoneAlarm is a good firewall...
WinXp has built in support for PPPoE...
So you'll be ready when you get connected...

As far as pros and cons:
It's slower than cable...
But the sppeds are most stable since your not "sharing" your connection...

ADSL is great, I believe in 2 things..ADSL and pron will save humanity and stop the mideast violence :cool:

wow fast responce guys thanks. im gunna check the link later.
I was wondering about connection speeds. Am i right in thinking the ping will be better on ASDL than Cable modem.

BT Quote there bandwidth at 500kbs. I guess this wont be the case as i just fell into the extended reach zone & i dont connect dial up above 42.666 bps so i was kinda hoping for about 400bps speeds. But then i read its 500kbs down and 250kbs uplink.

OKOK im thinking toooooooo hard for a sunday im off to read the link :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back