As Smart As You Are, I Bet You Didn't Know...

Glass is a liquid with a high viscosity--it sticks to itself really, REALLY well. It's like oil, only much thicker.

Try leaving glass on a sawhorse for a few years; it starts sagging.

:cool: actually I did know this - we're all going to rush out and replace our windows now before they start dripping (I think it takes in excess of 20,000 years or something though so don't sweat it!) :p

what about "I"? :p.. what scotish and northerners say :p.. surely thats she shortest sentance :D.. lol

Alex :cool:

Glass is a liquid, it just moves very slowly. This was used as a plot device in a book I once read, but the title for which have since forgotten...

Also, the sentence "Go". "go" is the verb, it has an implied subject of "you"

Alex_is_Axel said:
what about "I"? :p.. what scotish and northerners say :p.. surely thats she shortest sentance :D.. lol

Alex :cool:
That's "aye"

hold you right arm out sideways very straight + then try to touch your hand ;) :p

right hand on left elbow, just make sure no 1 is watching, looks like a royal wave :p

glass = liquid, i never knew that :confused: yes im wet after taking speedys advice and walking through the glass door, but the glass turned to red water :confused:

/que tunnel vision

The crossbow/welshman thingy in York is if they are walking on the wall and only if you are born in the walls of York. Hence the hospital is outside the walls!

I forget off-the-top of my head the thing about glass running, it don't take 20,000 years though.

A lot of stain glass windows do this too. I remember reading about this from a book written by Magnus Pike , the guy who used to move his arms around a lot. I must hunt that book down for the correct word. I havent read it since 1988, so going to be a long hunt.

2 spots the left hand can't touch the right one, I'm sure you could truly say an infinite amount of spots, but put your right arm out straight, and try to touch with your left hand. Can't do it can you! And if you can, you're a freak of nature. The other spot is the left elbow, along with some parts of our forearm.

But I already knew about the glass thing.

We were actually discussing the glass/liquid thing at work the other day. it's totally true, if you check out a very old houses windows(100yrs+, if you can find one) you'll see the distortion looking thru, and if you actually took a micrometer to it, it would be thicker at the bottom vs. the top. Just watch those digital micrometers, don't wanna see anyone get electrocuted sticking it in that liquid. :rolleyes: :eek:

uuh....... ThePatriot. that could also be the way they used to make the glass. One way they used to do it almost never got a perfectly flat, even piece of glass. The way i think they do it now, since i don't remember the other way they used to make glass, is floating the glass. Which means they let the melted sand and stuff float on top of, if i remember correctly, molten metal.

Yes, it could be the way they made it, you're correct. Chances are if it's very old and coming loose from its frame on top, then it's due to gravity, not manufacture. You should have your share of old buildings to test the theory on in Lehighton, tho! :p I know we do up here in Scranton! :D

we learned about this in class buts its debatable. we thought its a supercooled liquid ]while our book said its an amorphous solid.

ThePatriot said:
We were actually discussing the glass/liquid thing at work the other day. it's totally true, if you check out a very old houses windows(100yrs+, if you can find one) you'll see the distortion looking thru, and if you actually took a micrometer to it, it would be thicker at the bottom vs. the top. Just watch those digital micrometers, don't wanna see anyone get electrocuted sticking it in that liquid. :rolleyes: :eek:

Look at anything in a house thats 100yrs old everything will be thicker at the bottom. ;)

Well, i'm pretty tired, i'm gonna splash some glass on my face to wake up. lol :eek: that whole thing is interesting tho.

ThePatriot said:

Just remove the pane of glass from it's frame and turn it upside down then in another hundred years it will be as it was. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back