artistxman is here

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Artistxman is a cartoonist, and into macs, but knows quite a bit about windows...good to see you, artist...maybe you can post a few of your famous computer cartoons when you get a chance

Hi everyone,

As Dealer said I'm a cartoonist. Part of my job discription is to simplify the complicated.

My understanding of computers comes from being at the beginning of home computers, apple, atari, commodor....before IBM even thought of joining in the fun with DOS (much less Windows).

Sometimes knowing the right questions to ask is more importaint than knowing the answers. The one thing we can count on in life is that things change, the answers change, but more often the questions remain the same.

food for thought.

Hello artistxman. :) I still own 5 Macs myself (4 of those are really old). Still use one of them.

Old never die

Yep, we are culling the herd here. I finally got the courage up to toss the Quadra 650, but didn't have the heart to throw it into the garbage bin. I sat it outside with the old broken kitchen set and someone came to my door asking if the computer still worked. Yes, I said, but you will need to buy a Mac monitor for it. I gave them an extended keyboard (original Mac's were a shortened version), mouse, and cables. They took everything including the chairs and a few more items that was taking up room in the house.

The PowerPC performa went next to a woman at my wife's work. It was replaced by an XP machine! Yes, the 16 year old wants to be able accually find games for his machine and run .exe programs from friends. I've always said computers are just tools, but the one that meets your needs. Mine is a Mac because of the intergrated OS that forces programs into a common format that becomes interchangeable. But, his is gaming and DDR ram. Because there is some of the former and none of the later his choice is a clone. To be fair it would have cost me double to put him into an equivalant Mac....it was a really good deal.

Cartoons

Ok, ok,....the server has been down the last few days, and then I was down the last day or so.
:(

Re: Cartoons

Originally posted by artistxman
Ok, ok,....the server has been down the last few days, and then I was down the last day or so.
:(

ha...it feels like I'm reading the newspaper...first place I go to is the funnies...I'll look for more of these artist...thanx

hehe, welcome artistxman to this great forum. hope to see more cartoon work from you :)

Artist...if you are going to post your comics...cool...start your own thread in the general topics...Title it something like "the funnys" or omething similar...I'll go there everyday...can't wait

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back