Artec AM12E Plus Scanner Drivers for XP

P

phatphunky

I really, really like this scanner and nothing I've seen recently comes close to the quality... however, I am having problems getting it to work in XP... Artec is not providing drivers for XP in order to get you to run out and buy the newest model... the bios is fine and I followed the instructions provided by Artec but when I tell the twain interface to perform a preview, the scanner makes a little bit of noise and then a warning comes up saying "fail to adjust to an adequate color balance value"... whatever, I also checked to make sure the scanner was not in a locked position... I've changed every option I can think of... Artec, of course, reports this method of theirs works with the AM12E Plus scanners in their office... why not in mine? If someone can please help me resolve this problem, I will be eternally grateful...

pHatpHunky

G'day phatphunky,

I was just looking at the Artec site and have found something that might help you in regard to your AM12E Plus scanner problem. I can't say for sure if it will work but I guess it's worth a try.

It is in Word.doc format and just a suggestion from the Artec/Artronix Technology Inc. – Technical and Customer Support Department.

If you like, I can email it to you and then you can take it from there. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for your reply, Smokie, but I followed their instructions to install the drivers for Windows 2000, but the problem isn't the driver itself, I can't get the scanner to preview or scan... I believe the problem could lie in the power transformer, I'll replace it and see if it works. Thanks again for your help...

pHatpHunky

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back