Aria Technologies UK

G

Gouk

URL: www.aria.co.uk

I am going to order a custom PC from them in around 8-10 weeks time.

This question is for people who have shopped at Aria before, what dya think of them?.

How good is their customer service.. etc?

Thx.

Now I'm not saying that what follows is normal, just be aware that this did happen.

Mate buys an Abit motherboard, 1800xp and a Volcano from Aria.

Put it all together and turned it on. The fan stood still, he yanked the power as quick as possible but to late. Dead chip and MB

Tested the fan on another board, it's dead.

Aria are refusing to believe that this happened and are also refusing to replace any parts. They say he must have damaged the fan.

Now he's having to take them to court.

Originally posted by Bytes back
Now I'm not saying that what follows is normal, just be aware that this did happen.

Mate buys an Abit motherboard, 1800xp and a Volcano from Aria.

Put it all together and turned it on. The fan stood still, he yanked the power as quick as possible but to late. Dead chip and MB

Tested the fan on another board, it's dead.

Aria are refusing to believe that this happened and are also refusing to replace any parts. They say he must have damaged the fan.

Now he's having to take them to court.

Who put it together? Aria or him?

He put it together, I was there at the time, he did nothing wrong. The fan was jammed from the off. You could argue that he should have checked the fan but then it shouldn't have been faulty.

I find it rather odd, the chip woudn't fry in seconds of the fan not working. Sounds more like a power overload

Seen this two or three times, Life expectancy of an XP chip with no fan working 2-5 seconds. Why do you think a lot of boards wont boot up if you have no fan attached ?

seen many people not have a fan on, usualy accidently, without frying the chip. There was that bloke who fried an egg on his chip! and it wasn't permantly damaged. I can't see the chips heats up to 80-90+ degreas in 2 seconds

Seen this two or three times, Life expectancy of an XP chip with no fan working 2-5 seconds. Why do you think a lot of boards wont boot up if you have no fan attached ?

Dont be daft Bytesback..:D the chip wouldnt fry after afew seconds of switching on without a fan.

The fan is attached to a heatsink.. the heat is disapated by heatsink, which would take 2-3mins to be at a temperature to cause damage (assuming there is no fan).

Either the XP chip was dodgy, or there was a powerflux.. Seems to me Aria are acting normally.

Stuy_b

dead fan :S, To be honist i wouldn't buy a computer ready built, Build oneeven if u dont know how to do it, im sure u have a m8 that will help u.

Well if Bytes Back is telling the truth then I am definatley getting it built by those f*****s so if anything goes wrong with it internally, I can blame them for it :D That definatley makes sense.

Originally posted by stuy_b

Dont be daft Bytesback..:D the chip wouldnt fry after afew seconds of switching on without a fan.

The fan is attached to a heatsink.. the heat is disapated by heatsink, which would take 2-3mins to be at a temperature to cause damage (assuming there is no fan).

Either the XP chip was dodgy, or there was a powerflux.. Seems to me Aria are acting normally.

Stuy_b

Erm, Try it :D

Bytes Back. If you do not recommend Aria then who is better?

Dabs?

Scan?

Hey Super Saiyan 3, try Scan, I got all my parts from them !
Work Fine!

Originally posted by Goku
Bytes Back. If you do not recommend Aria then who is better?

Dabs?

Scan?

If you want to order an off the shelf pc then Dell or Mesh

If you want to order an off the shelf pc then Dell or Mesh

No. I dont need a Monitor, Keyboard, speakers, Graphics card etc, only some parts which were shown in another post.

Also if they put it together and something happens how can they blame me if they put it together?

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Hey Super Saiyan 3, try Scan, I got all my parts from them !
Work Fine!

Hehe, I'm trying to get my PC to ascend to the next level :D

hahaha, buy a PC with AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and you'll get to Super Saiyan Level 5 straight away !

heh a bit late but ive been shopping from Aria for about 3 yrs now
not a single problem :)
and being a customer compute rbuilder for clients, service is a must for me... they proved fine to me

shame abou tthe new delivery guy though
i've stopped shopping at aria until they change the delivery guy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back