Aria Technologies UK

G

Gouk

Guest
#1
URL: www.aria.co.uk

I am going to order a custom PC from them in around 8-10 weeks time.

This question is for people who have shopped at Aria before, what dya think of them?.

How good is their customer service.. etc?

Thx.
 

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
#2
Now I'm not saying that what follows is normal, just be aware that this did happen.

Mate buys an Abit motherboard, 1800xp and a Volcano from Aria.

Put it all together and turned it on. The fan stood still, he yanked the power as quick as possible but to late. Dead chip and MB

Tested the fan on another board, it's dead.

Aria are refusing to believe that this happened and are also refusing to replace any parts. They say he must have damaged the fan.

Now he's having to take them to court.
 
G

Gouk

Guest
#3
Originally posted by Bytes back
Now I'm not saying that what follows is normal, just be aware that this did happen.

Mate buys an Abit motherboard, 1800xp and a Volcano from Aria.

Put it all together and turned it on. The fan stood still, he yanked the power as quick as possible but to late. Dead chip and MB

Tested the fan on another board, it's dead.

Aria are refusing to believe that this happened and are also refusing to replace any parts. They say he must have damaged the fan.

Now he's having to take them to court.
Who put it together? Aria or him?
 

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
#4
He put it together, I was there at the time, he did nothing wrong. The fan was jammed from the off. You could argue that he should have checked the fan but then it shouldn't have been faulty.
 

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
#5
I find it rather odd, the chip woudn't fry in seconds of the fan not working. Sounds more like a power overload
 

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
#6
Seen this two or three times, Life expectancy of an XP chip with no fan working 2-5 seconds. Why do you think a lot of boards wont boot up if you have no fan attached ?
 

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
#7
seen many people not have a fan on, usualy accidently, without frying the chip. There was that bloke who fried an egg on his chip! and it wasn't permantly damaged. I can't see the chips heats up to 80-90+ degreas in 2 seconds
 
S

stuy_b

Guest
#8
Originally posted by Bytes back
Seen this two or three times, Life expectancy of an XP chip with no fan working 2-5 seconds. Why do you think a lot of boards wont boot up if you have no fan attached ?
Dont be daft Bytesback..:D the chip wouldnt fry after afew seconds of switching on without a fan.

The fan is attached to a heatsink.. the heat is disapated by heatsink, which would take 2-3mins to be at a temperature to cause damage (assuming there is no fan).

Either the XP chip was dodgy, or there was a powerflux.. Seems to me Aria are acting normally.

Stuy_b
 

Syrus

OSNN Addict
#9
dead fan :S, To be honist i wouldn't buy a computer ready built, Build oneeven if u dont know how to do it, im sure u have a m8 that will help u.
 
G

Gouk

Guest
#10
Well if Bytes Back is telling the truth then I am definatley getting it built by those f*****s so if anything goes wrong with it internally, I can blame them for it :D That definatley makes sense.
 

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
#11
Originally posted by stuy_b


Dont be daft Bytesback..:D the chip wouldnt fry after afew seconds of switching on without a fan.

The fan is attached to a heatsink.. the heat is disapated by heatsink, which would take 2-3mins to be at a temperature to cause damage (assuming there is no fan).

Either the XP chip was dodgy, or there was a powerflux.. Seems to me Aria are acting normally.

Stuy_b
Erm, Try it :D
 
G

Gouk

Guest
#15
Originally posted by Bytes back


If you want to order an off the shelf pc then Dell or Mesh
No. I dont need a Monitor, Keyboard, speakers, Graphics card etc, only some parts which were shown in another post.

Also if they put it together and something happens how can they blame me if they put it together?
 
Z

ZAnwar

Guest
#17
hahaha, buy a PC with AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and you'll get to Super Saiyan Level 5 straight away !
 

Akash

OSNN Senior Addict
#20
heh a bit late but ive been shopping from Aria for about 3 yrs now
not a single problem :)
and being a customer compute rbuilder for clients, service is a must for me... they proved fine to me

shame abou tthe new delivery guy though
i've stopped shopping at aria until they change the delivery guy
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,971
Messages
673,299
Members
89,016
Latest member
Poseeut