ARGGHH ASUS A7N8X Deluxe HELP PLEASE!!

mind you it would always boot though just at the failsail setting of 1500+

ok the cpu finally died so i had to buy a new one i have now got a shiny new xp barton core 2500+ that was tested to work, the system does not switch off now it just sits there and does not post.
Earlier i got it to ppost twice even went into the bios and changed the settings how i wanted them. After setting the bios i exited saving changs and the pc shut itself down not to post since. :( I have tried several times to reset the bios but to no avail

the psu should be working fine it was running my system (pre upgrade) no problem, so i cant see why that should be a problem. i fear it must be a duff motherboard :( anyway the shop i got the cpu from yeturday saud they would look at the system free of charge and as i am supplying it bare-bones it should quickly point to either, psu, ram, cpu, gfx card or motherboard

my guess is the motherboard...(of course this is after the PSU has been approved to work correctly). YOu'd be surprised how many motherboards are shipped faulty or even DOA.

i had this problem too.. i reset the bios, and put 1 ram stick in the middle module and it started up. .and i adjusted it all from there on.

Check if the MB has a trace shorted to the case. Undo the MB mounting screws and set the MB on an insulating material (newspaper cardboard, etc) and try to boot.

I always install ram, cpu, hsf and check out a new mb outside the case. Then I know it's good before I do all the work of mounting it. If it stops working after install I know the MB install has a short to a mounting screw.

Well I took it into a shop and they tried all my components and just to double that fact i have de-graded to my old system and well its all works i will send it back monday thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back