are you trying to deter viewers ?

just out of curiosity, I'm assuming it's just on OSNN that this is happening and not other sites.

I've been reading about this recently where ISP's are inserting ads via javascript to all http traffic via a transparent proxy.. but that would effect every site, not just OSNN..

no m8, its not that, nice clean rig here, after all i am a osnn vet :)

Yeah, it's happened to me once, and that was just on OSNN. I'm pretty sure it's a case of naughty advertisers.

So far, it's only happened on OSNN. I thought I clicked on the wrong favourites at first, but realised that I don't keep 888.com or some of the other advertised sites in favourites.

So far, it's only happened on OSNN. I thought I clicked on the wrong favourites at first, but realised that I don't keep 888.com or some of the other advertised sites in favourites.
I hate those 888.com ads, they're even on telly now :speechless:

Ah! I just had one at work, and it was one of those 888 ads. The cheeky swine!

i wouldnt mind, but i cant click the back button fast enough to get out.. then im stuck there until i pop back into fav's and click the link.

well, think we've said enough to make EP look into this. :)

What are you clicking on when it happens?

Never happens to me is why I ask.

What are you clicking on when it happens?

Never happens to me is why I ask.

Just getting on to OSNN site that's all. Didn't click anything else. Only happened when using FF.

EDIT: Hey, just got the 888.com ad when using IE6 on XP. :( So far it hasn't affect me when using IE7 on Vista.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 888.JPG
    888.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 127
Re: Details for 888 website ad problem on OSNN

Ok it just happened again to me, but I got some details for you guys.

Firstly, it finds the link:

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N1684.YesUp/B1292088.2;sz=800x600;kw=[keyword];ord=[timestamp]?

which then turns into:

http://www.888.com/?l=35&sr=668777&fs=1&flag=1001

And this took me completely away from OSNN and to that crappy gambling site. I've attached a screenshot too.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and I'm using IE7 on XP.

Add this to your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net

Definately not something I want, I hate ads that introduce intermission pages or have annoying audio.

I'll look over the details tonight, thanks for posting information and screenshots makes things alot easier to track down!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back