Are mac users snobs?

From time spent on university campus' and also hanging around live music venues locally here in Austin and previously in Tampa Bay, Florida, I can vouch for that :)

i think that's just another term for sleeps around a lot :D

interesting, I didn't realise I was supposed to be self-important

I'm pretty self-important. I'm kind of a big deal.

I think just the impressionable ones are. The snobbish advertising that Apple has used for a decade now rubs off on those who are most susceptible to advertisements. To everyone else, a Mac just suits their needs and tastes and isn't necessarily a reflection of their personality.

It is true, however, that Mac users are more affluent. They are a class of people who are willing to shell out more money for a product that more or less serves the same functions. They are the same people that think it's a good idea to pay a $1.50 for a bottle of water, or pay $140 for a pair of jeans.

Last edited:
I will pay 1.50 for water and buy expensive jeans, But I will never have a Mac :)

People who use Macs will always swear they are sooo much better than PCs.

A bit like people who use Mozilla Firefox.

Hang on I use Firefox!

I think just the impressionable ones are. The snobbish advertising that Apple has used for a decade now rubs off on those who are most susceptible to advertisements. To everyone else, a Mac just suits their needs and tastes and isn't necessarily a reflection of their personality.
Very true.

It is true, however, that Mac users are more affluent. They are a class of people who are willing to shell out more money for a product that more or less serves the same functions. They are the same people that think it's a good idea to pay a $1.50 for a bottle of water, or pay $140 for a pair of jeans.
Not at all true. I gladly use Macs and other Apple products, simply because I know I can both rely, and get on with them, however I'm very muchly a cheap-ass :D

Not at all true. I gladly use Macs and other Apple products, simply because I know I can both rely, and get on with them, however I'm very muchly a cheap-ass :D

Maybe you are just the aberration to the client pool that Apple has for itself, after all there is always that 1%er:laugh::laugh:

Eh, whaaaa? I won't spend $140 for a pair of jeans. my Wrangler jeans are from target, $16 a pop.

All the t-shirts I own? Got them for free from conferences.

$1.50 for a bottle of water? Oh, I've spent more than that, but it has to be a gallon at least. I generally drink tap water (filtered off course)

Time is money, so if I spend time trying to get my computer to work, is it worth it to me? Or would I rather spend some more money up front to spend less time making it work, and thus having more time to work with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back